New Xr6T Forum Sticker

xr6tman

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

looks fantastic, just as I thought it would...

weird that the aspect ratio worked out to be 285x25... is that including some "space" on top and blow the text?

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 9m 3d

I had to have the image resized in Coral draw, the image you created was over 2 metres long haha

I chose 285mm x 25mm knowing I have 300mm to work with on the side window

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

I gave you the full resolution that I created it in, so you'd have no issues re-sizing it down... re-sizing UP is a nightmare with imagery, but re-sizing down is very easy (as long as you stick to the same aspect ratio).

Yeah spot on, sorry I ment when it was opened up in Coral it was at 2metres, as you say resizing down is not an issue.

Do you think it looks out of proportion?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

if the text is physically 285x25mm then yes, the text would have been fattened up (vertically)... it will look like those other ones I posted. Compare the height/width of the text to what I sent you and you'll see what I mean.

With the image I created, 300x12mm would be keeping close to the aspect ratio.

If everyone is happy with that one I just need to make the call and give a quantity. I'll give it until tomorrow morning to get some feedback.

Gunna I know you wanted them before powerplay, I will do my best to get them out on the weekend so you should have them next week.

I have a lot of work ahead of me, once these are printed out I need to pick around the stencil with a pair of tweezers around each letter lol (cuts my costs)

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

see here ->
http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89883-new-xr6t-forum-sticker/page-3#entry1526405

the one you've printed looks like the 2nd from the bottom. We want it to look like the bottom one... this is because this font doesn't "stretch" well... it has "fat" and "skinny" portions where some go vertically and some go horizontally, which means that when you stretch it, everything looks weird and out of proportion in comparison to the native font...

Please stick as close as possible to the original apsect ratio :)

The original resolution is 7429x275.

Keeping the scale (close enough) would be 600x24 or 300x12

To find out any specific figures, just open the image in your image editor and do a "scale" of the image, making sure the height/width parameters are "locked" so that they keep the same aspect ratio. (just input the width/height you want and then it'll show you the other figure you need to keep it looking good) :)

Sorry to be a pain in the butt...

• Like 1

My baby isn't in my garage at the moment so I'm not able to measure, but would 300mm x 12mm fit nicely on that rear window? From what I remember when I did a quick measure up 300mm was roughly the maximum.

I was just concerned with the height, 12mm would be hard to make out on the road don't you think... but to have it higher you need to widen it right? which is not an option for the particular spot you and I want to place it

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

It's the limitation of that font... it is a fairly "wide" font, unfortunately... I haven't measured. I can go and measure it for you, if necessary, though?

EDIT: I just measured it, it's 280mm wide at maximum. 275mm to be safe.

This would be a 275mm x 11mm sticker... skinny, but it would look good there.

You're definitely right, to have it "taller" you need to make it "wider".

so for a windscreen one that's fine, you can have a huge width, but for a side window you're limited.

Edited by k31th