Fg Mk2 Satnav Not Working

was270

• Member For: 11y 6m 28d

Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 FG mk2 xr6 Turbo ute with the luxury pack. I've used the satnav maybe a handful of times. When I touched the nav icon tonight I just got a black screen instead of the warning screen you get on start up. Has anyone come across this? Is there a way to reset the satnav? everything else is fine.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Take it back to Ford mate. I recently took mine back for a bluetooth and Sat Nav upgrade under warranty because both were not working properly.

FYI - stay with car.

• Like 1

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 13d

This is interesting..... My wife's FG G6ET mk ii GPS system has also died.

All other ICC functions OK except Navigation.

Wonder if it is date related software glitch?

Happened last week.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by turbotom

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 9m 22d

I've just had this issue recently, booked it in for my next service this weekend and have told them of the issue. Obviously need it solved and is under warranty.

Screen just goes black when I click into NAV. If I click the black screen I can still hear the beeps as if the screen was functioning as normal but just not displaying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 1m 20d

I have had the same problem, they updated my icc it seems to fix the black screen problem. The sat nav in the car is pretty bad, it is very slow and lags a lot, sometimes it does not show the roads on the map. If you in the CBD it will move you around onto different streets, it cannot find you exact location.

They way I fixed the black sat nav screen was to disconnect the battery, it fixed it for me but it is not the right answer

My FG MKii XR6T I brought it in 2012, I have just noticed a FG MKii XR6 and it has a large aerial on the roof like the FGX. I do not have this black aerial, maybe they have realised there is a problem. In the current brochure for the FG MKii they have added aerial's onto all the car's in the pictures.

Who has a black Aerial on their FG MKii?

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 11m 21d

I am having issues with my Sat Nav in my FG MK2. I have full signal strength but it constantly says 'redirecting' and it places me on a different road to what I am actually driving on. I've had Ford service dept do a diagnostic check and found nothing. Has anyone had a similar issue?

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

I am having issues with my Sat Nav in my FG MK2. I have full signal strength but it constantly says 'redirecting' and it places me on a different road to what I am actually driving on. I've had Ford service dept do a diagnostic check and found nothing. Has anyone had a similar issue?

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 10d

I was starting to have funny things happen to the icc every now and then. I did a couple of resets via disconnecting the battery which would fix it. I was getting a different issue next time. I spoke to garage who suggested I change out the battery which was around 23 mths old. No more problems to date.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 7y 5m 27d

Hello,

My SatNav froze with a black scream, I disconnected the battery (only the negative terminal) and reconnected it after waiting just 1 minute. The SatNav is now working perfectly again.

Regards

Lance

• 3 months later...
  • Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Last week I check Sat Nav in preparation for my trip up north. Sat Nav didn't work..........FFS! 

I though great back to Ford who's going to charge a sh1t load.

Found about thread and did what @LanceG said in his post #9 and fark me.........IT WORKS!!

YA!! Happy camper.