Aircon Leak

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 17d

I have a 2008 G6ET that has an annoying water leak from the aircon that runs down to my right foot.

It only leaks when hard on the gas or brakes or "spirited" change of direction.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a drainage issue, or if there is a drainage tube that needs clearing/replacing.

I have attached pic with the line of leek in red.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 25d

Usually a blocked drain tube. If you jack the car up or throw it up on a hoist the drain is directly above the transmission. (you'll see a rubber hose sticking through the floor)

The generally clogged up with lint etc so a thin piece of wire or plastic packing strap is usually okay unclog them. If it's leaking in the cabin and the drain is still working it's a dash out job to replace the foam seal on the evaporator box.

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

I'm in the same boat with my f6 at the moment. Leaks on especially hot days when the ac is set to max..... But water is still coming out of the drain.

My theory is the dash has been out and hvac apart for a mixer shaft and the seal wasn't installed properly.

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 17d

so I borrowed my mates car ramps yesterday, one hour, burnt knuckles, and a few scratches later, no joy :wild:

the AC outlet comes out of the floor directly above the transmission with a square boot like arrangement then does a 90 degree turn where it transitions to a round hose about 8mm in diameter.

I tried various cable ties, wire and pliers, but couldn't get anything to turn the 90 degrees.

I have decided that I will try again when the car is cold so I can get my arm right up on top of the trans.

all was not lost though, I had a good look at the dump pipe and cat and have decided to make my own 4" dump, buy a 100cpi cat and flange it into the factory exhaust.

I'm a welder fabricator and my workplace has a water jet cutter (perfectly cut flanges)

I cannot justify spending $500+ on an xforce 4" dump, when I can make one for less than $100!!!! (someone is ripping us off)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

I had a look at my car today, I was able to feed some .8mm ally tig filler into the drain. It's not blocked, but I checked my ac filter, its was quite dirty and hence restricted. I was hoping the reduced airflow from the blocked filter was causing the evaporator to ice up under high load and hence the leak but after cleaning it I still have the same issue.

Looks like my dash is coming apart...