Lower Control Arm Ball Joint Stuck?

fastfwd

• Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Just a tip for the future - on most cars your whole control arm and suspension setup is absorbing the force you are giving on the ball joint bolt with the hammer, you need to get a jack on the hub carrier and put some pre-load on it this will help a lot.

Also never hammer the bolt itself as you risk deforming the thread, put the nut on it and hammer the nut.

Edited by Z2TT

• Member For: 12y 4m 27d

Couldn't pull the shaft out to look at the end.. Its to long it hits the hub before it can come out.

Need to find someone that's worked on these... I think it would be something simple like putting it in neutral and lining it up some how or something along those lines...

I've tried every combination I could think of.

• Member For: 12y 4m 27d

Just a tip for the future - on most cars your whole control arm and suspension setup is absorbing the force you are giving on the ball joint bolt with the hammer, you need to get a jack on the hub carrier and put some pre-load on it this will help a lot.

Also never hammer the bolt itself as you risk deforming the thread, put the nut on it and hammer the nut.

Yeah I figured this. But as stated in pictures and said above I'm replacing the whole ball joint and arm itself. So I can hammer and damage the thread and ball as much as I want to remove it because I'm replacing the lot.

Thanks for the concern though.