Ba Bf And Fg Turbocharger Specs

pumpngo

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d
15 minutes ago, k31th said:

to stay on topic of this thread

The admin bloke reckons we need to stay on topic. @Slowxr6t you can always start your own thread for easy reference as ideas roll in. A mod might even move it all for you if you pm'd them.

At that boost level on a stock wastegate I've found there are large boost spikes on the wot gear change. At 17psi you might see as high as 22psi on the 1-2 shift. You can tune around it but this all comes back to what your tuner is capable of doing and what they feel happy to let go from their shop. Tuning around it is a bit average though imo, as you are sacrificing performance due to a sub optimal hardware configuration.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

well, if by "GT35" you mean a GT3582R (the stock BA/F XR6T & F6 turbocharger), then yes, but it'll lag more than a correct '76 front-cover.

• 3 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 15d

I am wanting to use my ba xr6 turbo (the gt3582r) on a smaller engine but I would like it to spool quicker because of the capacity of of the engine. To achieve this I want to put a smaller AR Turbine housing on the same turbo and if possible still use the original turbine wheel diameter. Has anyone else tried this?