Ba Bf And Fg Turbocharger Specs

pumpngo

• Member For: 9y 3m 14d

I've been searching to find specs on the ba , bf , and fg turbo .

From my search it seems ba bf are the same and fg is said to be a smaller turbo by some . Others say the turbines are the same on all 3.

comp 61.4-82 trim56

turb 68-84

It seems that the ba is comp .7 ar and turbine 1.06 ar and the fg is comp .5 ar and 1.06 turbine.

So from all my searching I think they are both the same turbo but the fg just has the smaller ar on the compressor.

Any help on exact specs appreciated as I have found so much conflicting info.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 2m 25d

Ba Bf gt3540 Fg gt3576. Fg spools quicker but runs out of puff approx 320rwkw after tune and supporting mods the f6 was fitted with the gt3540 hence more power more towards the 350rwkw region. Heaps of info on the forum if you look around don't know if this helps.

Yes I have found general info on one making more hp, or the other spooling faster, but not exact specs on ar or trim or inducer exducer diameters .

If it's just me searching in the wrong place, could you point me in the right direction maybe I'm using the wrong questions .gtx3576r is in the turbo by garrett site but not gt3540 and I don't think the gtx is the right one . garett does not list exact specs for the ford turbo's , or I cant find them .

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Can't paste a link right now but if you go to the turbo section there's a pinned thread called "what is the std turbo in FG" or words to that effect - should help

Technically correct name for 3540 as in our cars is 3582 which will be on the garrett website.

All BA and BF models and FG F6 all have GT3582r

FG xr6T has GT3576r which from memory is not a std garrett model(??)

All these are 0.5AR with basically the same cover, just that 3576 has smaller ID intake to make 0.5AR with the smaller exducer

Turbine is the same.

Hope this helps

Edited by camo86T

It appears that the gt3576 fg turbo might be 76 comp as garett would imply but the ba turbo said to be gt3540 might be a gt3582 with 82mm comp and both might have the .5 ar housing.

Would really like to know for sure from someone that has checked the sizes, as the huge amount of info on the net often conflicts.

Correct, 3576 has 76mm od comp wheel / exducer, 3582 has 82mm...

Like I said above, both have 0.5AR housing / cover, but 3576 has smaller intake internal diameter as it's got the smaller comp wheel. Both have 3" / 76mm outer diameter intake

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

I think all the pros are busy during the holiday period :P

I think I read....

GT3540r is the ford specific turbo 0.5 front cover...but is the same as GT3582r except the 3582 has 0.7 front cover?

AFAIK...all the Fords have same rear housing with 1.06AR and 0.5 front

GTX versions of both turbos have 0.7 front

But NFI the size of the bits inside I.e. referring to OP. that's where the pros should have more info...but I think the GT3576 has a smaller front wheel and therefore spools quicker?

Yeah didn't explain that very well did I #coznotpro

But 3582 on garrett site will give all the internal specs for ford spec 3540

I have a pic somewhere of 3576 and 3540/3582 comp wheel side by side for comparison when I changed mine over but maybe I've done enough damage lol

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

3540 is a 3582 in a .5 cover

3576 is a t04s/t04b 53mm inducer 76mm excuder in a t04e .5 cover.

It is different to the other 3576 you may see on the Web for billet wheels as it has a different inducer.

What you can do is use your fg turbo and put different compressor wheels/covers and make your own hybrid. That's what I'm doing :)