HI PSI

• Member For: 9y 3m 7d

We got some more stuff done on the car today. I dummy fitted the Nizpro garnish and marked out the position of the spark plugs, so that we can drill the holes for the coil leads. When I tensioned the bolts, I stripped a thread in the rocker cover. To avoid reoccurence, I drilled all of them out and installed helicoils. I drilled the holes for the ignition leads and found that the cover is too thick and the grommits won't fit. So, I will remove some material and post some pics tomorrow......

Nizpro%20cover%20installed_zpsh4kvy8wn.j

We got more of the wiring completed today, Here are a few pics of the my mate Scotty's work. He's doing an awesome job...

20160112_165509_zpss8g5llwd.jpg

20160112_165528_zpsanynnx60.jpg

The ignition leads, terminals and caps arrived today, I went to install the spark plug tubes, only to find that they wouldn't fit down the hole, so I had to modify them a little.. As you can see the picture below, the diameter was reduced...

20160112_170735_zpsbdxgi3lf.jpg

20160112_170812_zpssgsvs1mk.jpg

Wow what a nice looking engine bay, pretty yet hardcore power great job. Question about the wiring its looks great but my ocd is asking about the "sauce and mustard" colouring ends showing? Couldn't your mate covered up and heat shrunk to the very end to make it perfect? Or was this for install reasons? When I custom wrap my PC cables I go to he ends and heat shrink to the adaptors/plugs.

Don't want pick on you though as its looks sweet as bro so far. :)

• Member For: 17y 10m 26d

Wow what a nice looking engine bay, pretty yet hardcore power great job. Question about the wiring its looks great but my ocd is asking about the "sauce and mustard" colouring ends showing? Couldn't your mate covered up and heat shrunk to the very end to make it perfect? Or was this for install reasons? When I custom wrap my PC cables I go to he ends and heat shrink to the adaptors/plugs.

Don't want pick on you though as its looks sweet as bro so far. :)

To tell you the truth, I don't know why he has done it like that. He's a pretty OCD kinda guy too, so I expect that he may have done it for a reason. We didn't get to work on the car today, as the shop was closed. I will ask him about it tomorrow.

The hood for the IQ3 dash is complete and I am very happy with it, So, there are no excuses now, for not making the plug. I will try to get the plug finished by the end of the week and the part the carbon part the following week. So many things to do and not enough time.....

20160113_175042_zpsts150las.jpg

20160113_175010_zpsffmgubrl.jpg

To tell you the truth, I don't know why he has done it like that. He's a pretty OCD kinda guy too, so I expect that he may have done it for a reason. We didn't get to work on the car today, as the shop was closed. I will ask him about it tomorrow.

I just spoke to Scott and he said that the type of heat shrink that he uses (Glue type shrink) is really hard to maneuver once it is shrunk down and it would be a pain to work with if went all of the way to the plug. The plugs are waterproof and he wanted to keep form flexability with the connectors. I knew that there would be a method to his madness.

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 28d

Plus strain relief for the wires not having them conform to a tight radius bend at the connector cause by the heat shrink, plus the ability to actually diagnose an issue if it should pop up.

• Like 1

Well, the harness is finished and will be installed tomorrow. Yay!!!

20160115_180927_zpssqpsvrkd.jpg

It took me some time to work out where we were going to mount everything, but I think that the passenger side footwell is the best position. A bonus, is that the Haltech harness grommet replaces the oval grommet blank in the firewall, which is is right next to where the EMS and CDI are going to be mounted. I ended up fabricating a box to house the electronics, so that they would be protected. This is what I came up with....

20160115_183005_zps07ggbtrq.jpg

As the chassis is located under the carpet, I was a bit worried about heat, so I installed an aold barrel fan that I had left over from an audio install...

20160115_183027_zps3hsygvti.jpg

20160115_183036_zps1mizjxhm.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 5