HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d
On 18/03/2023 at 7:00 PM, Puffwagon said:

I've been through a similar thing recently, deets are in my thread... Maybe an admin will link it?

Happy to share all my info if you're interested. Haha most of it is in the thread anyway lol :drinks:

Hey Puff. thank you for your post.  We've gone down a similar path, but we're adding 3 x addition 7/16 bolts and installing bigger, deeper dowels.  We feel that the Atomic units are not long enough, which creates the ability for them to walk (pivot)  and elongate the holes. This is what happened with my rig. Btw, how in your rig going?

This is the jig that we made to facilitate the procedure. We will likely adapt atomics boss's into our design, so that we can drill and tap the holes straight. We will be running this system with all big hp Barra's moving forward.  

Thanks @k31th for providing the specific liks to Puff's thread. It saved me a lot of time. 

kxPyz1u.jpg

Edited by Rab
fixed typo
  • Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Hopefully this holds up for you. Yeah mine broke a timing chain. Cams spin free in the head so not sure what broke it, I'll have to get it apart one day and have a look.

• Sad 1

The sequential shifter runs fine. It's super heavy duty, so you can really swing off it. I haven't had a chance to use the strain gauge yet. We'll test it as soon as the flywheel issue is sorted.

We drilled and tapped the crank today. I decided to install a new spigot and CSC and rear main while the box is out.

I've gone back to the ARP bolts that I used previously, simply due to size constraints. We're still undecided on which 7/16 bolts we're goin to use. We'll sort that tomorrow and reassemble the car. I can't wait to drive it with this power. 

I'll post some pics soon.

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d
18 hours ago, HI PSI said:

Pm me your number and I'll tell you all about it

Cheers man. Not something I can do for a while unfortunately.

Looking forward to hearing how she goes.

Mine has spent a bit of time on limiter recently, purely because my rear tyres are bald... so far no issues... 🙄

As Promised - New bolts and dowels.

We tried to get some 12 point bolts, but were unable to acquire. So we went for some Mopar 7/16 flywheel bolts instead. Gearbox is back in, al that is left is  to install the shifter. 

HTlU90U.jpg

Edited by HI PSI