HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

It comes on very hard and has a broad range. from memory we're at full boost by 3,900 rpm. It goes to show that head work, bigger piping and good coolers make a significant difference.

Edited by HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

A quick update on the car. 

It started to make a few funky noises on the last few runs on the dyno. So I borrowed a hoist and pulled the box (Again). It seems that the dowels have elongated the holes in the crank and flywheel, allowing it to twist and come loose. There was minimal metal transfer and all bolts were in place and still secured by the bolt retainer plate. In saying that, one bolt head broke off when I unfastened it with the rattle gun and another was bent. 

We put some thought into the cause of the failure and we surmise that the failure is due to hitting the limiter, causing extreme forces from the reverse rotating mass of the flywheel and triple plate clutch. So, we are drilling the flywheel and crank for an additional 3 x 7/16 ARP bolts, as well as larger dowels. I will not make a new fold plate, as I sourced one from Planet Parts. 

We will also be implementing either a timing retard or throttle reduction parameters 500 rpm before the limiter to soften its effect. 

I'll try to get some pics up as it progresses.

Later...

Edited by HI PSI
  • Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I've been through a similar thing recently, deets are in my thread... Maybe an admin will link it?

Happy to share all my info if you're interested. Haha most of it is in the thread anyway lol :drinks:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d