HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Pretty much... This will give you an idea of what I'm dealing with...

This was his response.

"With all due respect ----- all the deep pits you see are the deep casting pits.
We do not keep digging into them ,,, usually that does more damage than good".
Thank you 
Robbie

xKQ5t8D.jpg

pmJtjhl.jpg

CrWHtT4.jpg

Edited by HI PSI

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Yeah that would good from afar but not so much up close. To be fair, a paint job or anodizing etc only looks as good as the prep allows. Were they supposed to prep it too?

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 23d
On 15/07/2021 at 8:25 AM, k31th said:

pics of golf? :P how much power? ;)

260kw/350hp at the wheels just got a downpipe, intercooler and fuel pump - makes for a very fun daily

golf.jpg

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

good quality daily, that's for sure... those R's go hard :spoton: clearly going well if a golf R is your daily ahha

• 10 months later...

Hi all, long time no see. I thought that I'd drop in and say hi.

I haven't done much with the car over the past few years. Essentially, I installed the FG cover, 52 mm radiator, new thermo's and deleted the header tank.

I had the air conditioning re-gassed as my laptop guy wouldn't get in the car unless it was working. Sooky bloody tuners. Lol. We did a bit of street tuning and tidied up the idle and low throttle areas. Besides the clutch, it's pretty nice to drive.

The car starts, idles and runs much nicer with the GTR coils. I've given the car a few good hits and it appears to have some issue when I wring it's neck.  It misfires and spits for a bit then normalises. If I reset the ECU it disappears. I'll have to run some logs to see what's happening.

I'm getting the car out of storage when I get home on Wednesday. I need to install remaining parts of the console, as wanted to ensure that we had sorted the flywheel bolts issues. 

I'll see if I can get a video of its acceleration. Hopefully the old GoPro still work.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Howdy. Hows the vn going? I'm gonna start dailying mine soon for the hectic v8 noises.

The amount of time I've sat on the side of the road tuning in summer, roasting my balls into the seat...I can't blame the guy for wanting aircon!

Get hold of a dragy if you don't already have one. They record all kinds of acceleration related metrics and have a 10hz gps so are very accurate.

Sounds like the car is getting there slowly, keep at it and one day you'll wake up and think, I don't have to do anything else to it. As always give us heathens some pics cos letters are hard apparently :rofl:

• 2 months later...

The VN has been sitting for a while also. I'm starting to punch on with it also. STILL waiting on the engine to be assembled. We have everything bar the pushrods, so now I wait to get to the front of the engine guys cue. I'll comment on that thread and start with some updates soon.

I have been enjoying working on the XR and I'm happy seeing it progress. I've been doing a few hours each day on it.

All the console and dash trims back in the car. I wanted to be sure that the flywheel bolt issue was sorted before reassembling everything.  The remaining tasks are primarily just finalising tedious cosmetic issues. 

I finished laying the mould carbon DJR splitter today and I'll wait a week before removing it and making the new part. I finally deleted the old ECU bracted and remounted the fuel reg. The header has been deleted and I've sorted a new radiator overflow tank, but it can't be fitted until the bar/mould is removed.  A new carbon radiator support  trim is also in the works, as the whole area looks horrible since installing the new radiator. The new trim will be extended to cover the the radiator and its mounts.

Sorry for the sh*tty pics. I'll post more as I progress...

7Lp6hid.jpg

MdAF7Jv.jpg

GqGZKEK.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It's time to get out of the 500+ club. The car is all ready for an E85 tune this Friday. Fingers crossed that we don't have to mop oil off the floor. 😄

Xa2Iif8.jpg

• Like 4