HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

I have a few new carbon pieces in development -  Seat backs, carbon subwoofer enclosure and an OTR cold air intake. When free time permits. I will post some pics as they are fabricated....

Also considering some carbon door cards to suit my SQ sound system....  But need more time off work....... If only...

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

always the problem... not enough time off work to spend your money (that's you, if you didn't guess)... but then when you've got enough time off work you don't have enough money to spend (that's me at the moment)

Spot on there Keith. Give the hours that I  work and the fatigue levels. All I want to do when I  get home is sleep and chill out. Everything is progressing, I just need to stay focused and motivated.

Should be hitting the dyno again soon. Well when my time lines up with my tuner and with dyno availability. That should give me some mojo..

• Like 1

• Member For: 4y 7m 20d

insane write up. will be following this thread & keen to see this finished. I love your carbon work. I wish I had the time, equipment and money todo similar things in that area. 

what did you machine up on  the brembo adaptors? 

I have a few things on the go at the moment,All at various stages of completion. 

I'm currently working on a making DJR 320 splitter. It's going to be modified to something similar to what you see on a Audi RS. The bottom vent section will be use to feed ducted air to the front brake rotors. I have also have competed 75% of the mould for the seat backs (Front seats) and I am starting to make infill sections for the chassis, to make the floor flat.

On 27/08/2019 at 3:04 PM, exploitedf6 said:

insane write up. will be following this thread & keen to see this finished. I love your carbon work. I wish I had the time, equipment and money todo similar things in that area. 

what did you machine up on  the brembo adaptors? 

Sorry for the late reply. Just finished a rotation of night shift.

I milled and modified the standard brackets. We had to mount the caliper 10 mm inboard and extend the caliper height by 5mm, due to the rotor configuration. Essentially, we made new boss's and welded them to the bracket. 😄

Got a bit done on the seat back mould. Bloody pain in the arse that the plastics are distorted with highs and lows all over the place.  Should have a trial piece completed soon...

hpuMJod.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Got some time on the dyno yesterday. Had a few minor issues that held us up a bit, but managed to get most of the 98 ron tune sorted.  We pulled up tuning early last night, as we ran out of time and fuel. We managed 733 rwhp (546 kw)  @ 24 psi, on 98 ron fuel. We still have more left in it as it was still loving having timing added. It just wants to keep going, with no signs of falling off, even  at  the 7,800 rpm limiter.

Given what we have learnt so far, especially in relation to cam timing, I cannot begin to understand how some of the cars out there are making the power that they are. we used a FG cam map as a baseline, as we were led to believe that they are the best. However, we found that the factory cams tables, effectively choke the crap out of the engine. We've only just started playing in this area and realised an additional 70 hp.

We only have a few hours on the dyno today, as both the tuner and I have to leave fore work. So, we're going to put some E85 in it and see what it makes. Fingers crossed for no oil on the floor.... I do have some dyno graph pics and I shall endeavour to get some uploaded tonight.

• Like 8