HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Pulled the box out today. We found this...

7FS5HGK.jpg

Hnv0XSU.jpg

ABrRH0J.jpg

Four of the remaining five bolts were loose. Luckily we had very little metal transfer from the crank to the flywheel. We filed the crank surface and machined the mounting face on the flywheel, just to ensure a flat clean surface. 

We did notice that there is only around 1.5 mm of tread left for flywheel clamp and we are a little concerned by this.  We pondered the cause of the bolt failures and we surmise that the failures are as a result of the bolts high tensile grade having a negative impact on the shear strength of the bolts. We have doweled the crank and flywheel and are now considering a lower grade bolt. We are also considering drilling the crank for  finer thread 7/16 bolts ...

In closing, I'd just like to say thanks to Ozzy for his act of kindness, in loan of his dowel jig. You are awesome !! Some beers are coming your way...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Do you want to send the bolts to me and I will conduct a few tests and give my opinion. What torque setting did you use. 

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d
On 15/07/2019 at 7:23 PM, HI PSI said:

We were doing full power runs and the eddy brake would intermittently come on hard, sometimes stopping the engine dead. Even made the turbo spool backwards....  I have to say that this speaks volumes for the quality of Mal Woods tailshaft and The Driveline Shop Cv's...

I took the car for a drive out to the worksop today and gave it a few squirts on the way. It now looks like I have again snapped some ARP flywheel bolts

21 hours ago, HI PSI said:

Pulled the box out today. We found this...

We pondered the cause of the bolt failures and we surmise that the failures were from the above statement.........

QFT 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

WHAT. A. BUILD. THREAD! 🙌🏼

Just finished reading it all and am left in awe!

The detail you’ve put into the car and this thread is simply outstanding.

Keen to see your finished product and a video of your beast leaving a set of 11s 😬

Inspiring stuff mate. 👌🏼👌🏼

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Thank you for the kind words. I didn't think that anyone read or takes notice of my thread anymore.

It's taken a  it longer than I anticipayed, as I lost interest for quite some time and tge build ceased.  I also have a tendency to finish and then upgrade or modify.  It's pretty much where I  want it to be now, all be it with some pending cosmetic and tuning changes. 

Updates coming soon.  

• Like 4

• Member For: 6y 2m 12d
8 hours ago, HI PSI said:

Thank you for the kind words. I didn't think that anyone read or takes notice of my thread anymore.

It's taken a  it longer than I anticipayed, as I lost interest for quite some time and tge build ceased.  I also have a tendency to finish and then upgrade or modify.  It's pretty much where I  want it to be now, all be it with some pending cosmetic and tuning changes. 

Updates coming soon.  

Mate , I'm a forum lurker and love reading your build updates , your carbon fibre work is art.👍