HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

Most times, I consider myself to be cursed. But, I was very fortunate on this occasion.

I'm going to strip the tyres off the Vertini Drift's some time in the coming weeks, and put them up for sale.. Not much use hanging on to them.

Edited by HI PSI

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Motivation has been a significant issue, as I'm dedicating a portion of my spare time, to making carbon parts for the car.

Anyway, I finally managed to borrow my engine guys hoist this afternoon. The gearbox has been removed and will be sent to S1 Sequential on Monday. Simon os confident that he can identify and rectify the issue with. the shifter/gearbox. I've got to say that he has been an absolute pleasure to deal with and he has gone well beyond normal expectation for after sales support. I cannot begin to describe or convey how thankful I am for his assistance to date.

I though that I'd post a pic of the car, despite it being dirty. As I thoroughly enjoyed driving it today. I has reinvigorated my love for the car and it has made me realise the pleasure it brings, and how much I have missed having it in my life... The past few years have been very trying and I struggled to maintain interest in anything. Now I have seen the light, and final completion is priority.

ZvXZszc.jpg

On a lighter note, this happened.....

40AN2P8.jpg

OvQwHfs.jpg

Sq8SpEq.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 5

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Delicious :drool:

Good to have you back and motivated, because this build is epic in all ways :)

Did you leave 11s on the road a few times in your reinvigoration?

• 2 weeks later...

A teaser, of recent progress. It's 95% complete, I just have to install some micro switches for the hazard lights and the dimming switches for the dash/Icc  illumination..  Then it will be permanently installed.

2FY8Lx3.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 8

So excited. The box and shifter arrived at my engine guys shop yesterday. 😎 But, I can't fit it until next weekend. Booo 😭

Despite the inconvenience, I have used some of the time being productive.

Rear scuff panel, straight out of the mould.

KQUFC56.jpg

And I started to make a new mould for the front splitter.

fUsT7HH.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 4

Yes, it's taken a while. A lot of that was on my end, not Simon's. I cannot begin to describe how much I appreciate his efforts to get it across the line. He sent me additional parts, complete shifters and spent a lot of time on the phone give me instruction for fault finding. He has gone WAY beyond any normal after sales service and support. He was even going to fly here, so that he could investigate potential causes of the issue.

In the end, I sent the everything down to him and he had it sorted within 2 working days. Now that is something that must be highlighted. There was no issue with the shifter. the issue was with the indexing of the selector shaft.  So happy that it's back and I cannot wait to rip through some gears..

• Like 1