HI PSI

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 10m 3d

I received the Audio control module back yesterday and the security code issue has been resolved.  Yay!!!

Simon form S1 Sequential was supposed to fly up today to sort the problems withe the shifter, but he missed the flight. Majorly disappointed would be a understatement.  I was SO looking forward to getting it sorted, as it is the only thing stopping the car from running. I'm going to pull it out and install the quick shifter instead.... :surrenderwave:

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
10 minutes ago, HI PSI said:

I received the Audio control module back yesterday and the security code issue has been resolved.  Yay!!!

Like.

11 minutes ago, HI PSI said:

Simon form S1 Sequential was supposed to fly up today to sort the problems withe the shifter, but he missed the flight. Majorly disappointed would be a understatement.

Sad face.

11 minutes ago, HI PSI said:

I'm going to pull it out and install the quick shifter instead....

Then skids?

• 1 month later...

I've been a bit slack of late, just kicking back and enjoying the festive season. It's come to that time again, when I have to get off my arse. Or this thing will never get done.

I have been in contact with S1 Sequential and I've spent some time trying different things with the shifter. Primarily, we considered the issue to be an issue with the installed height. I put in 2.4 mm or shim and managed to get all gears. Although the shift is still not correct. Tomorrow, I removed the detent spring from the box, as Simon seems to think that it is the source of the problem. I guess that I'll find out tomorrow. 

I had to go to a local wrecker today, to get a new factory jack, as I need it to raise the car enough for my trolley jack to fit under. While I was there, I grabbed a SR instrument panel, so that I can make a new housing for the IQ3 dash. I gutted the panel today and milled of some of the mounts, so that the IQ3 would seat nicely in the housing. 

K7LfdlC.jpg

When dismantling the assembly, I noted that the tacho and speedo ring assembly is mounted between the front and rear housing. I will be utilising this area to install the flush mounting section (Carbon fibre) around the IQ3. This panel will also be used to house all of the other necessary indicator, high beam, seat belt, Handbrake, driving light and door ajar pilot lights. I still have to work out how and where I will place the dimmer controls for the dash illumination (High series cluster), as well as the Hazard switching. I did a bit of research and found an Australian company which manufactures some beautiful pilot lights and buttons. I still haven't decided on whether to use the black or silver style. I am leaning towards the black though..

eH1qRzQ.png

I am also spending some time tomorrow  trying to sort the starting issue that I have. The haltech seems to have problems with the voltage form intake cam sensor. As a result the car cranks for around 15-20 seconds before it will fire. I collected my spare head today, so that I can dummy up the sensor and measure the gap between the trigger wheel. We  think that distance is too great and we're looking to machine the mounting surface of the sensor, to increase the sensor voltage. Fingers crossed that this easy fix will be successful.

I'll try to post again soon, hopefully with some more pics and stories of success.

Laters

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 1

I managed to get a bit done on the dash today. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I still have to pull it apart and put a layer of carbon on the face plate and as I'm a bit broke at the moment, I'll have to put purchasing the lights on hold until I go back to work.

hfkVnl8.jpg

I also spent some time on the starting issue that I've been having. It seems that as I'm running a Haltech CDI ignition, I cannot specify in the software to start the engine on wasted spark, as it normally does with the factory system. Thereby the car will not fire until it seems sync. This has resulted in the car having to crank for around 10 -20 seconds for it to fire.

I dummied up my spare head and measured the gap from the intake cam sensor today in the hope of machining the sensor mount and  moving it closer to the cam trigger. Thereby increasing the cam signal.  Unfortunately, I found that there was only 0.8 mm gap between the trigger wheel and the sensor. So little chance of improving cam signal by machining that way.  Having given up on that prospect, we went back into the Haltech software and we eventually realised  that  it was possible to specify a -VE Trigger home arming voltage. I then changed the 100 and 300 rpm values to -0.15 and 500 rpm to 0. And you wouldn't believe it, it starts after 3 crank rotations. If I said that I was ecstatic, it would be an understatement.....  Another issue sorted, only the shifter to go.....

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Got home last night . I spent some time today finishing the backing plate. I've been a bit busy, so I haven't had time to order the pilot lights. I'll get to that on Monday...

TRKvWJB.jpg

JFy9pQt.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 3