HI PSI

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 21d

B series are common for that. Either put a S/H column in or fix it with the kit. never used that kit but I think it's a better idea than a 3/4  worn out S/H column once its in should be the end of it. and by the way fantastic build!

• Thanks 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d
3 hours ago, bamk2f6tornado said:

When mine went I had no warning just went to start it one day and it was no good. I just picked up the bearings and springs ect off the floor of the Ute and put it all back in. Re-bent the lock tabs and it's been perfect 3 years later. Free repair and those kits seem crazy expensive for what you get

I'll have a look at it. But I'd rather fix the  issue once and for all.  Considering the build so far,  the cost is negligible.  To me, it will be worth every cent just to have the peace of mind, knowing that it repaired and reliable. 

Thanks  for you kind comment, 4321. It has been a long drawn out journey and it really should have been completed over  a year ago.  I  lost interest there for a long time, but I did to use the time to upgrade it some more.  I'll get back in to it when the ignition is repaired.

On another note, my engine guy has just purchased a new hub dyno. It's now convenient for me to finalise everything (tune) and I'm looking forward to seeing what she pushes...

My wiring guyvjust messaged me and said:    "Haltech has released a new up date some way cool sh*t for flat shift and the like still no cruise control though haha".  It'll  be interesting to see what they have upgraded. 

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 2

• Member For: 15y 8m 3d

Mine did the same but the first ball bearing fell out months before, I didn't know what it was from and when working in the car I just thought damn that's random no idea where such a small bearing would come from, and cause I'm a hoarder I put it away cause it might be useful one day hahaha then when the lock did give out luckily it was when I just got home and turned the ignition off and the ball bearing hit my shoe and straight away I thought oh that's where that other one came from, I got lucky, I fixed it with the barrel in the car, just superglued the ball bearings to the ends of the springs so they didn't keep falling out while I tried to hold it all together, worked a treat and been good ever since, some people have been unlucky enough to have the car stuck at the servo still running when they went to get fuel.

18 hours ago, Renton said:

Jeez Brad, she's going to be like a brand new car by the time you've finished! 

Looking forward to seeing the end result :thumbsup:

Every component (Even down to bolts) from the Intercooler back is brand new, except for the diff centre. I have a new Trutrac sitting on the shelf... Lol

New leather seats, bodykit, bonnet, boot lid and wheels also.. Not much of the original car left... Not much of a bank balance left either.... But It will be a LOT of fun...

• Like 1

Pulled the column apart today. The rear of the ignition had fallen out of the barrel. I probably could have put it back in and bent the retaining tabs back again. But, I decided to replace it all anyway. Overall, it took me around 40 minutes in total. The ignition still feels a little ordinary, but I think that the adjacent side needs some lube. I'l' get some graphite when I get a chance. Overall, I'm ver happy with the outcome..

Old Ignition 

JaIELoU.jpg

New cup installed.

img%5D

I have had considerable problems with the shifter and I have removed it completely. I contacted Simon today and we think that there is a variation on the shift position or shifter height in my Magnum, which is causing problems with clearances when changing gears. He's going to SEMA at the end of the month and he's agreed to fly up, so that he may identify and rectify the issue. I'm hoping to this can be rectified some time early in November.

For the interim period, I'll be installing the original Ultimate Street shifter, so that I can it for a drive. It's been 11 months since it last saw bitumen and I really just want to enjoy it for a while...

I sometimes think that I am cursed. It seems that I can never catch a break and if anything can go wrong, it will. Oh well, I guess that's just a part of the build process. It will be nice when I am able to just get in it and enjoy it.

Edited by HI PSI

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d

Use the direct link from imgur to embed the pics man. You could also just delete the [/img] part of the links and it should embed.

5 minutes ago, HI PSI said:

I sometimes think that I am cursed. It seems that I can never catch a break and if anything can go wrong, it will. Oh well, I guess that's just a part of the build process. It will be nice when I am able to just get in it and enjoy it.

That's just life sometimes. Keep at it and you'll get there.

• 1 month later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 13d

On another note, my engine guy has just purchased a new hub dyno. It's now convenient for me to finalise everything (tune) and I'm looking forward to seeing what she pushes...

Is that the engine guy out in Wandal? I'd be keen for a run up and dyno print out if he's got it up and going. Might crack the magical 400 on a hub dyno