HI PSI

• 4 weeks later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 16d

Brad, I am pretty sure that there are quite a few people that read this thread. 

Only reason I am posting is to let you know, you have a subscriber here.

I haven't been through the same process as you and so I can not contribute.

Also I doubt I would ever do the work that you carry out on your car. 

I rather let Rob at MT do the work for me, like my new clutch that is getting done today.

Anyways you seem to be doing a great job and please keep the updates coming.

• Like 2

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

Thanks mate, I  sincerely appreciate the feedback   It's been a long journey and the end is  in sight. But,  I  do have tendency to regularly move the goal posts. There will be some interesting updates in the next month.... 

Got the car back from the wiring guy and the shifter is broken. The shifter was blatantly abused and failed as a result. The failure was in no way a result of the shifters quality or design.  It has been removed and feigned to S1 Sequential for repair. The sh

On another note,  I  must say that the support and after sales service grim Simon @ S1 had been outstanding. He has gone above and beyond in all aspect in that area. It's refreshing and greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

I went to work on the car and the ignition barrel has completely failed. So, I've ordered a Ford ignition switch replacement kit, with removal tool and additional barrel. Fingers crossed that it will be here in a few days. As the car has been sitting unstarted for 3 weeks, with E85 in the tank...

I think that it is the normal problem that they have. With the starting to not return to its position. It had progressively worsened over time, to the point where its range increased and you could not tell what position it was in. Now it has failed completely and I have no accessories, ignition or start.

As stated in my previoue post, In have purchased two new barrel shells and a puller from these guys.    Ignition barrel repair components and puller. The components look to be good quality and being able to do it in car sold me.... I'll post an update when I repair the barrel.

Edited by HI PSI

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 13d

When mine went I had no warning just went to start it one day and it was no good. I just picked up the bearings and springs ect off the floor of the Ute and put it all back in. Re-bent the lock tabs and it's been perfect 3 years later. Free repair and those kits seem crazy expensive for what you get