HI PSI

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d

Chin up buddy, you’ll sort it.

Is there any chance that your fuel pumps/system setup over pressurised the rail.

Highly unlikely with -10 setup but Im just curios if this is technically possible with the pumps your running. 

Are they staged ?

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Given that the feed and return lines are matching size and has minimal restriction, I cannot  envisage an increase of head pressure at the regulator. As it will just bypass at the specified pressure and flow back to the tank. 

I'm running a KPM 1500hp intank module. At this point in time, both pumps run simultaneously and are not staged. I would like to do so, but the lid section of the module only has one set of terminals and we are therefore stuck with what we have.. I will be rectifying this in the immediate future (When I get the car back), by machining a new top section and installing separate power terminals for each pump, along with a Holley Fuelmat.. 

Back to the regulator, Fuelab continued with the "damaged from contamination" story line. Personally, I still believe that it was inherit fault with the regulators as they have redesigned the upper section of the regulator and the diaphragm itself. Both parts are in transit and we hope that this resolves the issue permanently..

6 hours ago, eff xr6t said:

Should probably just give up on the car now with this enormous issue arising... it’s a leaking diaphragm not a huge problem to diagnose IMO

If you've built a car from scratch with all new component and had to fault find this issue, you would understand the time and frustration associated with such issues.  Tell me. how long would it have taken you to identify the issue, given the scenario and your professional experience?

I really don't understand your sarcasm, as  I was not particularly despondent in my  posts about the issue. I was more so disappointed that a high quality and expensive component was DOA. Fuelab replied to my correspondence last night and immediately freighted the required upgraded parts free of charge...

• Like 3

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

Probably take about 15mins to identify the issue. Look at the fuel pressure gauge and see it’s not normal remove the vac line and fuel would start spraying out. Had plenty of bigger issues when building cars then a reg diaphragm popped.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, eff xr6t said:

Probably take about 15mins to identify the issue. Look at the fuel pressure gauge and see it’s not normal remove the vac line and fuel would start spraying out. Had plenty of bigger issues when building cars then a reg diaphragm popped.

Why are you feeling the need to add negativity to the situation?

I mean in the bigger picture of this fellas build who are? 

How are your comments relevant here?

Guys had a reg fail, his posting the findings on a public forum and doing a service to other people. 

You almost sound,   jealous!

Im not sure of the LPH rating of the current pumps in the KPM1500 kit but I know they use to run 2x PN#207 Walbros.

These pumps relief valves will kick in at around 80odd psi and start to nose dive pretty quickly. So If they are these pumps I cant imagine they would pressurise the rail, even with both running at the same time. As both pumps would each find the same restriction point and the back pressure would activate the internal relief valve.

In more recent times KPM have changed these pumps to a different brand if my memory serves me correctly but I don’t remember which brand they swapped out to, and can’t look at the new pumps flow rates.

Even though you may be able to set and hold a base pressure doesn’t mean the diaphragm is capable of constantly holding back persistant pumps and could fail over time. At least that's my understanding of it.

FPRs need to be able to hold back the pressure that each pump can deliver in optimal free flowing situations.

Over specing fuel lines can have a negative effect on a setup too.

Just my opions mate on my learnings and findings.

Great project mate well done!

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

You can only be mean if you have been a member for over 10 years. Under 5 still on P plates, and we all know what most of them are like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d
4 hours ago, HI PSI said:

Lol !! Sure you would have...

Has a mod been in the thread and modified my post? As my response only comprised of the first line and Typhoons post has somehow morphed into my response. How is this possible???

Edited by HI PSI