HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 26d

Hemorrhaging cash at the moment. Just paid all of the carbon fiber cloth, resin, bagging, peel ply etc. Came to a whopping $7,000. I'd better get to making some parts, so that I can get some money back. LOL

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some small adjustments to the ignition system for the Haltech. I was just going to purchase the igniter system and run the standard coils. I have now opted for the Haltech - HT-020207 Power Select 6 CDI - Dual Power Output 115mJ/150mJ x1

Power%20Select%206%20CDI_zps9exmo226.jpg

Given this, I have now gone to the Haltech HT-020132 High Output CDI Coil packs.

HT-020132_Coil_zps1wzqa3jr.jpg

I cannot begin to describe how tired I am of spending money on the car, and I really don't want to spend any more. But, this late in the build,and given the amount spent already, I cannot bring myself to skimp on the few last components. With this in mind, I'm going to delay the EGT's and associated modules, until I get some certainlty with upcoming work.

We begin the installation of the Elite on the 1st and I hope to get some progress pics as it is being installed. At this time, we have decided to retain the standard engine harness and use a deutsch plug to manage the connections.

We believe that we do not any additional wires in the BA harness to correctly run the both cam VCT's actively. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could confirm this for me.
  • Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

You are correct about the vct wiring. The control (earth) side of each vct solenoid goes back to the exchange connector separately. The physical hardware for independent vct existed on a BA but not the programming.

post-7403-0-19447700-1448226482_thumb.pn

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

Righto buddy here's the downlow

If you encounter spark break down at high load/rpm is not the hardware but the haltech elite's software issue

It stems from what seems like a crank angle sensor issue but infact it's the elite struggling with not the input but what to do with it after it receives the signal...... Haltech are working on a fix "apparently" but are stumped

Good times

Righto buddy here's the downlow

If you encounter spark break down at high load/rpm is not the hardware but the haltech elite's software issue

It stems from what seems like a crank angle sensor issue but infact it's the elite struggling with not the input but what to do with it after it receives the signal...... Haltech are working on a fix "apparently" but are stumped

Good times

Not really what I wanted to hear.....You really know how to break my spirit, don't you.. Lol... I wonder if it strictly a problem with the standard crank position sensor? Or is it all crank triggers?

I had an inkling that something was awry, when I was talking to old mate that has the Elite in his car. When questioning him about his setup, I asked if there was anything that he'd do differently. He said that he'd run a trigger wheel, instead of the standard crank position sensor. Hence why I have gone in that direction. I wonder if this was why he'd change it??? Very interesting indeed.....

Edited by HI PSI

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

For some reason I manage to end up into areas some people would prefer I wasn't but that's to bad for them lol

By all accounts this had been an issue since platinum 1000 sport was released many many moons ago

It's funny as the standard nissan 360* CAS is 6* trigger optical yet was being a f*cking dick at the 400rwkw mark and wouldn't allow any further tuning yet tuned a the autronic SM4 that same weekend to 575rwkw

Glad I haven't pulled the pin on anything for the race car just yet !!