HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

The final, long awaited pieces have arrived. We will now look to dummy mount the inlet manifold, so that we can ascertain if more material can be removed from the port. Then the head will be assembled and fitted to the bottom end. Not long now......

Plenum -
ZBRI5p3.jpg
sGyOxxr.jpg

Fuel rail - 10an fittings on the rail.
E8YRwdT.jpg
aAwrTyz.jpg
tKwx9QP.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 26d

far out, I love reading through threads like these. CAR PRON!!!!!

However when I see chrome everywhere, it makes me quiver when I think about how much work it will take to keep clean all the time.

I am a lazy bastard and just the thought about keeping it clean, makes me change my mind about getting my car to look like that.

Thanks for sharing your experience and keep the updates coming.

:happyfriends:

• Like 1

On 3/20/2015 at 3:47 PM, masda74 said:

far out, I love reading through threads like these. CAR PRON!!!!!

However when I see chrome everywhere, it makes me quiver when I think about how much work it will take to keep clean all the time.

I am a lazy bastard and just the thought about keeping it clean, makes me change my mind about getting my car to look like that.

Thanks for sharing your experience and keep the updates coming.

:happyfriends:

I share your view with maintaining polished items. For that reason, I have had all of the polished parts cleared to reduce maintenance. We found a special etch primer that adheres very well with the alloy and then clear coated the parts.

I collected the parts yesterday and I must say that I am happy with the results. There is a slight reduction in gloss, but benefits far outweigh the loss...

Here are a few pictures..

SJBV0by.jpg

DvfsRi0.jpg

uaWcKEv.jpg

JZAzIsP.jpg20150319_205823_zps2gqbza8n.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix
  • Like 4

The titanium collets and retainers arrived early in the week and the final assembly of the head has commenced. Unfortunately, one half of a retainer has been misplaced, so another lot has been ordered to complete the last valve. A lesson has been learnt..... :tear2:

I am expecting the engine assembly to be completed by mid week, I will then install all the ancillary items and try to work out to best run the engine harness around the new manifold. More updates soon......

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 26d

Sweeeeeeeeet!!

How often will that clear coat need to be put on, or is this a permenant thing that will last a long time?

• Like 1

The system has been trialed on a Ute's aluminium drop tray and bull bar. It has endured over three years of living in a hostile environment and is still going strong. I am confident that it will handle the engine heat.

On 3/20/2015 at 8:29 PM, Bizkets is fat? said:

What the expected kw out of the beast

That is a hard question to answer, as the exhaust housing has been chosen to make it have good street driveability. I would really love to crack 1000 rwhp, but to achieve it might require trying other housings.

• Like 1