HI PSI

• Member For: 10y 2m

yes ,nice work mate . my pipe work is only going to be 3 inch .just got the throttle relocation kit send to me ,so after powerplay on the 7 february I will start with the new mods (at the moment 312 rwkw ) in a one tonner ba xt falcon

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

What a sleeper... I absolutely love it, well done. Btw, I can see why you want to modify your piping. It will make a huge difference :D

Edited by HI PSI

• 2 weeks later...

Gold Coast Chrome rang me a week ago, advising me that they had doubled the initial estimate for the chroming. This really got my goat, as I hate people bull****ting me, as well as wasting my time.. So, I am having them returned and I will get them painted.

On a lighter note, the head is back from getting the valve seats cut. The machinist did an awesome job on them and it has now also been surfaced. The head's surface was surprisingly straight, so we only took off around 0.002'. I am now preparing the head for the flow bench, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it flows.

This week I built and fitted the IRS. I quickly realised that I had made an error in the measurements when fitting ht Independant Motorsport diff hat mounts, which caused the front outriggers to touch the K-Frame. We also note a difference between the Xr6 Turbo K-Frame and the standard XR6 frame that I built. So, I removed it and modified and painted the XR6T K-Frame. It as well as the FG fuel tank were installed on Friday.

When fitting the FG fuel tank we noted a few differences with it also. The breather on the filler neck is now redundant and the rubber elbow that joins the filler to the tank is a different diameter on the tank side. After a quick call to my friendly Ford spares man, I ordered another. We're just hoping that it fits..... The KPM 1500hp fuel module outlet/return fittings were removed and modified to suit -10an fittings for the braided teflon lines and lines run to front of the car. this area is incomplete as exact positioning of the regulator is currently unknown.

I shall endeavour to update with some pictures on Monday....

I forgot to mention that there is a five week wait in my carbon fibre cloth, so I doubt that the front bar will be completed before the car is back together and running. The stone chipped FPV bar will have to suffice for now. :verysad:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

ahh the hassles of a complex and unique build!

all power to you for staying calm and just waiting on more parts :)

• 3 weeks later...

You just have to roll with the punches, as getting upset about things that are out of your control, is just wasted energy that could be put to better use.

I haven't posted for a while, as the cyclone that hit Queensland went pretty much straight over us. Luckily we sustained little damage to the house and the car was fine at the workshop.

Due to the events, my update is a little thin with content. We spent a little time on the flow bench and we have completed basleine testing of a standard turbo head. We should have then results from the ported head in the coming days. I am chewing at the bit to get the results. I will post up the charts when I get the figures.

We have struggled to get collets and retainers for the valves, as all sources seem to be out of stock. Interestingly enough, it seems that the retainers we need are cross compatible with the 2JZ engine. Hopefully, we will have the parts soon.....

In the mean time, I have manufactured a new air box, as the Previous Process West unit only had a 4'' inlet. I have started to polish the lid today. Pics should be uploaded in a few days.

I took some time to wire the KPM 1500hp fuel system. I didn't like the fuse system that was supplied with the module, not that it was inadequate, but more so because it was quite large and bulky. Given the effort I have taken to clean up the engine bay, I wanted it to look neat. So, here is what transpired....

The fuse box has a spare/vacant slot (pictured) and already has a stable 12 volt power source, so I decided to utilise it. I already had installed a relay in the fuse box which was used to run the old surge tank. This relay is triggered from the factory relay which is positioned on the front side of the fuse box. So, all I had to do was install a pin (Pictured below) into the other side of the redundant fuse block and link it to the relay. Pretty simple really....

5b6weYh.png

The inner section of the fuse box can be removed by pulling back the retainer clips and gently pulling upwards.This allows you access to the wiring and terminals under the fuses/relays.

I went to a wrecker and removed a pin from an alternate fuse, so that it would be correcty mounted/retained in mine. I used some of the excess wire from the kit (So that it matched the whole way through) and soldered it directly to the pin. I then installed it into the fuse block, terminated the other end and attached it to the relay.

The pin that you need......

Zf5KkUz.jpg

The fuse box has also has an extra mount for an aftermarket relay. This also helps to keep the box neat and looking like a factory unit....

Yp1y4CY.png

Relay mounted into position... All I did then was install a factory 40 amp fuse into the slot previously pictured and re-install the inner fuse section back into the frame..... Easy hey !!!!! :rolleyes:

sV2CKWx.png

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix
  • Like 2