HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

Sorry mate, I was at the shop today and I forgot to ask. I'll get the answers for you tomorrow.

New bits in transit.....

Aeroflow fuel filter - AF66-2043S -12 fittings

Dimensions - 7" x 2-1/2".

DjQMOGm.jpg

AEROFLOW AF59-2431 - 10 micron stinless mesh filter

6cJSbPU.jpg

AEROFLOW AF66-2246 Dual Billet Filter Mount

55ASBOu.jpg

Remote Power Steering Reservoir - PROFLOW 750ml Oil Catch can with breather, drain tap and -12 fitting.

iFtZIj4.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

The standard tank is not a pressurised unit and has a capacity is 600ml. So it should be fine.

We fitted the sump up to the short engine the other day, and the girdle and studs hit were way too long. This resulted in a gap of 8mm from the sump flange to the block. We ended up having to remove the ball bearings from under the studs and a lot of material from the sump. So what was considered a basic task turned into a 3 hour modification.

While there we welded in a plate on the rear side of the sumps main oil pan, This is to stop oil from running to the back of the sump when doing hard launches.

The engine and box were removed yesterday in preparation for painting. CNC'ing if the valve seats should be competed today. So, final assembly should be completed in the coming days.

wazm6wz.jpg

• Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

Yep CPV , carry on. Bit of a legend around here for us veterans, It will go fast.

Daves produced the odd nugget of his own LOL

I finished stripping the engine bay today. I have removed the battery tray, as it reduce the room for the hot side piping and turbo intake.

In regards to the informatio below, I battled to describe it a way that all members could understand. My apologies....

I also dummy fitted the Plazmaman 1900hp intercooler. this required the a little massaging of the Rio. With this, I fitted the hot and cold side piping from the cooler to the headlight and this is where I hit a hurdle. As many before me have found, the limited space between the body and the headlights limits piping size to 3 inches in diameter. Even then, intercooler piping will not fit through there and a silicon joiner has to be run through the area. The joinert is squashed/distorted between the body and the light.and as you could well understand, this is an obvious are of restriction and an area that could be improved.

So came the question, how can I increase flow without making obvious illegal modifications eg: Cutting holes in the body where the battery and air box used to be and running the piping through them? With this, I decided to modify the shape of the area under the headlight, to allow 69mm piping to pass through the area unrestricted. I managed this, by scalloping out the material where the piping ran under the light, and welded in a section with a larger diameter.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures today. I will post some tomorrow night, and I am sure that it will clarify what I attempted to explain..

Cheers

Brad

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 1

I was amazed at how much fasted and easier it was. I will never do it any other way again......

\ said:
Great thread mate! You certainly have been saving your pennies for this build lol. Good luck with it all, will be following with great interest.

Hi Captain, I'm glad that you like the thread. I just want to share my experience with others, and maybe help out if I can..

I shudder to think of how much I have spent already..... Every section of the car costs thousands of dollars.

Continuing from yesterdays post. I finished notching the drivers side today, with the passengers side now 75% complete.

The pipe fit through under the headlight with sufficient clearance......

cAjMp8Y.jpg

gnW0PZY.jpg

ZMWMuxc.jpg

• Like 1