Mods Complete Didnt Quite Make It... Yet

nathanway

• Member For: 12y 8m 10d

hello all ,

after a long road ive just got the first tune on my xr complete so far its made 395.5rwkw on 98 with a easy tune running 18psi

next step is to switch up to barrel e85 change the fuel reg and fuel rail and go for 430-450rwkw and go for a mid 10 pass

so far the car had ran a 11.8 @ 116mph (322kw) with the baby turbo with out cams or oil pump or fuel system

I raced it and ran the 11.8 only to drive back to Townsville and the stock turbo let go as we got home (thank god mackay is 4hrs away)

so I race out and brought a gtx3582r and bolted it on took my rear housing to mtq and got it ported and bolted it all back together,

drove it over to tms (about 1klm down the road) for a quick touch up tune to make it driveable before upgrading the fuel system to suit the bigger turbo

mtq stuffed up the mod and didn't install a large enough flapper and the tuner was unable to control the boost below 18psi and that's way to much air for the stock fuel system to cope with

so I drove it about like a diesel only reving it to 3500rpm for like a month till I had the money to start the next round of mods

about a week before it was booked into start the mods my missus rang me up and said its making a bad noise when it revs about 2000rpm, I told her to drop it over to tms straight up and see what they think

turns out the cam chain guides and tensioner are fok'd.

than im told that to get to the bolts for the guides you need to drop the sump :/

so I ended up getting it fixed and while its all apart I got the tbre oil pump with billet gears and a set of tbre stage 1 cams, along with a plasmaman surge tank with twin 044s (only running one atm with 98 tune) and a retune after a bit of trial and error the tune is good making good power with a lumpy idle ( cams ended up being much more aggressive than first thort)

its been a rough ride getting it to this stage but its all done properly with just about every surport mod I could do to keep it safe at this level basically the only thing left to do is to build the motor and go a new turbo set up with boost 6 manifold

mods so far include

rapid systems intercooler and piping

turbo side intake with relocated battery to oppersite side

4inch exhaust turbo back

1000cc id injectors

38mm turbosmart bov

gtx3582R turbo with mod'ed gate

tbre oil pump

tbre stage 1 cams (apparently equivalent to atomic stage 4)

plasmaman surge with twin 044 all wired up for both only running 1 atm

new oil line with filter for the turbo

xcal 3

adjustable suspension

molly tale shaft built about 5 times by hardy spicer cause there spaz and couldnt get it right for some reason

nizpro build zf stage 2.5 with billet intermediate shaft good for about 600kw ( cost lots!)

mt 275 street radials

hoping for 10.9 with 98 and mid 10 with e85

wish list for the future

tbre built motor good for 1000hp +

boost 6 turbo manifold

twin external gates

gtx45 turbo

at least a 9.9 sec pass

but im waiting for e85 to be at the pump before I get a built motor

this not sure if I have to do the fuel rail to run e85

if I should go a gtx 45 turbo or a gtx 42

what 1000cc id injectors max out at and whats the next size injector I should run to go 600-700kw

if I should get the crank done when I build the motor

what the go is with the destroker kits and if its worth it

any help would be great

• Like 1