Sign in to follow this  
genuine  honest  person

Turbo 400 Or Powerglide ?

bugger ,manual would be nice . the only problem is I am hard on clutches ,have blown one up at the drags in a cortina with a 4.1 and a single rail 4 speed . that was scary ,some of the parts came true the tunnel of the car .

You sure it wasnt the motor. Crossflows have a habit of throwing flywheels and flexplates when modified cause the motors go out of balance. Seen it plenty of times.

you may be right there mate ,the front of the crankshaft had to be machined where the timing sprocket was fitted to . it was all loose and the the sprocket was able to move back and

forward on it . there was all kind of clutch parts imbedded in the gearbox tunnel . I had to get a steel plate welded back in for safety . after that I never trusted the clutch again ps the

clutch that broke was a centreforce heavy duty one

a powerglide will be the best thing u can do to your b series. I had one in mine making 500rwkw. I had a tight 3800 converter and it drive very good. sure u will get a harsh gear change but if that's what u want to handle the power and use it for a street and strip car then I rekon its perfect

Hey Gunna....why does all your posts always do

this. ..with the spaces and weird stuff always chucking in random

Spaces and sh*t....I don't get it... :)

Cause tapatalk for the fail?

Hey Gunna....why does all your posts always do

this. ..with the spaces and weird stuff always chucking in random

Spaces and sh*t....I don't get it... :)

Cause tapatalk for the fail?

got no idea mate ? it just does it

the c4 is not as strong as a turbo 400 the auto shop said to me

Edited by gunna

powerglides are not as bad as ppl say they are on the street. Ive put a glide in mine and its the best thing ive done to the car and its awesome to drive on the street. Best thing to do is try go for a drive and both than decide which you prefer. Either way cant go wrong with a t400 or glide.

not trying to hi jack this thread :shifty: but I was going to post a similar one today anyways .. I have 6sp manual BF MkII F6 with 383rwkw & it looks like the slave cylinder is cactus .. only just put a Mal Wood Opt 6 clutch in 2000kms ago & that was the 2nd time Ive replaced in the clutch the car too .. so im a bit over the mainual thing at the moment

looking at options & $$ to convert to an auto box that will handle that power & maybe a lil more .. low 400kws .. will give good street & strip performance but mostly be reliable .. my box only has 50,000kms on it & as I said the clutch is basically brand new & when its removed I'll replace the cylinder so I can sell the box ..

have heard C4, powerglide or a Turbo 400 are the way to go .. just want to compare costs & performance of the three .. car does not spend much time on the street, its not my daily .. cheers in advance :icon_ford:

You'll be able to get some decent money for your manual setup which will help cover cost. Personally id go between t400 or glide. Give some places a call and have a chat. Allow around the 10k mark for the conversion depending which way you go.