Fg Cooler Piping Kit.....worth It Or Stay Away?

PTR_NITRO_FG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Hey peeps...

Just wondering if anybody has used/purchased the pingtune kit and installed it onto their FG turbo????

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FG-XR6-Turbo-F6-Intercooler-piping-kit-/181298728845?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a363f0f8d

I noticed they are having a "sale" on their website....so its $320+$18 postage....which would have to be one of the cheapest kits ever made for the FG.

Now....I gather their e-mail tunes are sh*thouse....but would their products be as well? The inner jew wants to stinge out....but after my last stingy effort (buying RDA instead of DBA)...the phrase poor man pays twice has never been so true for me :P

So....anybody on here installed the kit and how is the quality of parts and the fitment of parts (and if tuned how much boost have you smashed in?)...as my one concern is they may have used cheap alloy piping (too thin?) and maybe their silicone/clamps are cheap as well....and perhaps a hardcore tune was enough to blow them apart lol or am I just being paranoid and there is nothing wrong with the kit???

It would be super duper if ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE INSTALLED IT can comment....but I'm not sure if the purchasers are on this site I.e. most of you would be rich/smart enough to go with brand name gear....the ebay listing says 21 kits have been sold (but if people were smart they would purchase straight from the website I would imagine?) and therefore there could be more than 21 cars rocking the high quality setup hahaha

Thanks yall...... :dancing:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

Yes.. A few cars here in Vic have.. Identical to Herrod. Would not be surprised if made in same factory.

Its actually a good bit of kit, as long as it's not a tune from pingtune you are safe. I ordered one should be here today or tomorrow

Guys who have them are not on forum, but fitted up real well and easy, 2 guys are making high 300s

Edited by Pazzo
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

Thanks Pazzo!

I knew someone on here must know someone who has them lol....well if you're buying it then should be sweet.

I just gotta hope it clears my plaz turbo side (they rekon only clears PW kit - but I have a mate who will supply an old rapids pipe which I believe the old rapids replacement kits cleared all turbo sides)

Hoping the silicone is like the herrods kit...so I can spin the logo around and not have to see that sh*t lol

Also what coolers are the guys with high 300s using? PW or Plaz or ?

Cheers!

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

One has just a fg f6..

2 have PWR stepped

Seriously could not tell the difference between Intune and Herrod's. Even the silicone joiners are the same.

Edited by Pazzo
  • Like 1

• Member For: 20y 6m 13d

In the pictures for the Intune pipe kit it looks like thye had to cut the power steering overflow tray to clear the pipe. Is this the case? Pretty sure the Herrod kit does not require cutting off the end of the tray.

• Donating Members

^^^ I think it was done so that the PW turbo side can clear....it was probably just their way of tweaking the herrod design so as not to get into trouble? hahaha

I've seen people remove the tray altogether (I.e. Plaz kit)....and it does seem rather pointless and ugly so I will be removing it (if its not attached to the cap some how?)....might check that out this arvo when I leave work hahaha

One has just a fg f6..

2 have PWR stepped

Seriously could not tell the difference between Intune and Herrod's. Even the silicone joiners are the same.

Thanks Pazzo!!!!

At least I know it will work with my OEM cooler for now (trying to sort my turbo side and new piping is the last piece of the puzzle lol)....was all set to go Plaz; but at $660 for stage 1 in black....I am literally getting the whole kit for less than the price of the plaz cold side LOL

I was hoping one of the high powered ones were running a PW stage 2 cooler....that is the cooler I'm looking at getting when I get my tune done....so that will be the next thing to figure out (whether it fits up with the intune kit). Here's hoping anyways.....Im thinking worst case if it doesn't work...then maybe some new joiners near the inlet/outlet will work?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 14d

I fitted the intune cooler pipe kit yesterday.

Only places I really had issues was the p/s spill tray (I just removed it).

My xr8 snorkel was a bit hard to fit with the new piping (just adjusted how the cooler pipes sit).

And I had to readjust how the cooler pipes sit to allow the front bumper back on, the g6e foglight housing was hitting the joiners and stopping the bar from going back on.

This was on a 2011 g6et with fg f6 cooler.

• Like 2

• Donating Members

^^^Thanks for the feedback mate :)

And yeah....I noticed the P/S spill tray has movement and imagine it just comes off when you unscrew the lid? What is even the point of it lol Just be careful as you pour the liquids in and then the spill tray seems pointless lol

Lucky for me I will be going Plaz turbo side...and with my replacement rapids hot side pipe I got from an awesome dude....I'm thinking it will all piece up nicely (here's hoping anyways).

Also thanks for the tip on the front bumper...as my mechanic friend will be installing the lot, I'm sure it won't be too difficult to figure out.

cheers!

• Member For: 10y 5m 14d

I helped a friend fit a rapid systems turbo side intake, cooler pipes and battery relocation to his fg xr6t.

That fit easily with no problems.

I think the xr6 turbo foglight housing is different to the g6e and makes things easier.

• Donating Members

:ok:Yeah I'm only getting the first pipe coming off the turbo outlet...which was off the rapid systems replacement piping kit (2.5" hot and 2.75" cold side) - and IIRC Chris used to advertise it as being able to clear all turbo sides.

So I guess in time we shall see what happens LOL

And yeah I was hoping the G6ET foglights would have a slightly different shape/spacing behind the front bar....but didn't want to say anything just in case I was wrong :nuts:

:mexicanwave:

• Like 1