08 Fg Xr6T Ute

camo86T

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Thought I should start my build thread even if its not tuned yet - its sitting in CMS workshop waiting for Joe to get back from the US so close enough.

I have an 08 FG XR6T manual ute in Nitro, had since new and only done 65xxxkm; two reasons for that, a) work is only a 10min drive away, and b) I seem to have some sort of magnet that attracts the po-po...done a couple of stints of passengering in the last few years.

The day I got it I got a set of Ruff Racing R281 wheels & tyres fitted, that was about it for a while...until I had a crack at making a replacement cat back exhaust using 2.5" staino tube and some mufflers I got hold of. It worked ok but didn't have a mandrel bender so cheated and ran it straight along under the driver's side floor rather than in beside the diff...scraped on most large speed humps so annoying as hell :ermm: but it was good experience, (sort of) fun to make...fabricating an exhaust using only ramps under the back wheels to get underneath is way overrated imo..

In Feb 2011 I got rid of my grader spec exhaust and picked up a turbo back xforce exhaust for a good price - 4" dump, 5" cat into twin 2.5" - and fitted it as well as a Growler CAI and Plazmaman cooler piping; then sent it into Tunehouse and got injectors (which turned out to be drilled std squirters) and xcal tube done. On their hub dyno (which tells big porkies I know) it made 345rwkw on 98, guessing would equate to anywhere between 300-315 on a 'real' dyno.

The power felt great, got used to it after awhile but the clutch didn't; a few months later they fitted a Mantic heavy duty clutch, never heard of them but seems to work ok - I'm reasonably mechanically sympathetic anyway - at least until the red mist descends... :oooh: Got the tune tweaked at the same time and it punched out 375rwkw, pretty high even for a hub dyno?! Later I found out it was running 19psi on race tune, but that's another story...I will post up the sheets later

Six months ago the little turbo died.

Wasn't sure what to do, contemplated getting another stock turbo and then selling it, but this forum changed my mind :nod:

New bits:

*3582 from BF with 12lb actuator and flapper upgrade by MTQ (not ported though, had a crack at that myself)

*11 blade billet wheel fitted and balanced by MTQ

*Bosch 1000cc injectors

*Walbro 460 (or ebay copy) intank fuel pump

*KPM fuel reg and wiring relay

*PW stepped cooler - thanks for cash deal Kev!!

*Turbo side intake by me with dirty big K&N

*Plazmaman throttle body elbow

*Custom battery tray - parts supplied by Stigmata / Jon Bailey - thanks again champ!!!!

I fitted the cooler, intake, turbo, battery tray & wiring and throttle elbow over the last few weeks and yesterday dropped it into CMS.

They will fit valve springs, the fuel pump, relay & reg, and Joe will work his magic on the tune when he gets back later this week.

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

Well done mate! Car looks great and lovely colour :P

I wish my kms were closer to yours...just cracked 114,000kms :( lol 2008 model too... (my daily commute is 100kms round trip...so stacks the kms bloody quick)

Good luck with the new tune...dyno sheets when done :)

• Like 2

Hey bud, nah not guilty lol... Must be someone else, mine won't be going on until Saturday

Was booked in a few weeks ago for last Tuesday but Joe got his itinerary mixed up and not back until today lol

post-77265-0-23631400-1415838541_thumb.jpost-77265-0-08988500-1415838575_thumb.j

First pic is of original 'race' tune, second is after it was tweaked

gotta love hub dynos :P

Edited by camo86T

Well the ute is on the dyno at CMS and I'd say the poor bitch would be struggling lol

37degC over at Liverpool right now....intake temps are climbing towards 50deg so Joe will leave it where it is for now and tweak the 98 tune when it goes back for eflex tune :yeahyeah:

Even so, 357rwkw at 15psi is nothing to sneeze at, can't wait to pick it up later this arvo ;)

• Like 1

post-77265-0-04837400-1415940872_thumb.j

40deg out there now so didn't have too many expectations...but she still pulls pretty hard...considering tuned on caltex 98, the heat out there and peaking at 15-16psi

Can't wait to go back and get eflex tune done and smash in 20lb... ;)

Edited by camo86T