08 Fg Xr6T Ute

camo86T

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

You will hate your car if you go ceramic on the street.

Yeh I was thinking that initially

Just that bjacobs was saying how he drove his mate's F6 with ceramic xtreme and wasnt too bad.

Think I'll be sticking with the organic though, want to keep my sanity in M5 traffic if necessary.

If your clutch was slipping when it was tuned then yes, it can affect the load points, what it made on the day is what it made so its not as if the tune is wrong or anything. But probably a good idea to get it touched up when you get a new clutch as it will most likely affect the way it loads up.

If your clutch was 100% at the time of tune, then you farked it. Different story.

Doubt it was 100% at the time, even with previous 357rwkw tune it sometimes slip if on a hard 3-4 change.

I'll be interested to see how it goes on the rollers with a decent clutch

• Member For: 18y 3m 11d

Pulled a ceramic out of a customers car ( That failed ) and replaced it with a organic one and the Guy fell in love with his car again.

He couldnt believe the difference after putting up with the ceramic for 6 months.

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 3m 11d

It was actually in a well modified ve gts with 418ci and close enough to 400rwkw and the twin plate ceramic was ( believe it or not )replaced with the factory 7.0l organic clutch assy and still in use

to this day after using m/t streets and a engine rebuild .

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Been a while since I touched this thread

While ago had another fuel pump feed line drama which was sorted with proper e85 rated Teflon gear

Got a new twin plate NPC clutch put in about 6 months ago now, details elsewhere on the forum

Pics for anyone remotely interested

Old clutch - twin plate Mantic

mantic.jpg

New NPC

NPC.jpg

Basically it has one organic plate and one ceramic

Bit trickier to take off smoothly now it's properly bedded in, but taken everything I've thrown at it....

...which brings me to my diff. For a while now there's been a lot of slop in it at low speed, would lurch coming on to / off the tiniest bit of throttle, the new clutch made it even more noticeable as it doesn't have much slip

Also started a bit of single spinning every now and then

Took it to D&R Diffs in Chipping Norton a couple of days ago, after a drive they diagnosed ring gear wear

Re-build priced at $650 + gst seemed alright to me after a bit of a search and a few phone calls

I messaged jet yesterday about a truetrac centre and he was able to give me a very decent price, so have bitten the bullet...thanks jet!!

Hopefully it won't be too long before I can wrap my greedy hands around it :)

By back end has more dramas that need attention that just the diff, it tramps fairly easily now

In a back room at work I have this bunch of stuff waiting to be thrown at it...

IMG_20160429_173157.jpg

Yeh SSLs on their own will just make the tramp worse...maybe!

But hey got the almost brand new leaves for $450 rather than $800+ so can't complain, plus always wanted it lower.

Coils I got from a friend for $120, and the Konis I picked up about 18 months ago from Pat aka SennaT for a great price 

I'm hopeful the shocks will help with the tramp, also considering machining some solid plates instead of using the superpro leaf bushes after a read of this thread on AFF

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11391011&page=11

Will have to shorten my centre bearing spacers as well to suit the changed pinion angle

But most of all I'd love to get my hands on a set of mal wood tramp rods and make some of my own

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Looking at those leafs there's a fair bit more on them than the standard ones. It's probably going to help a fair bit with tramp.

Gonna sit sweet once they go in.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Need some encouragement cos not sure when I'm gonna get a chance to get this sh*t fitted

Would have put more pics of ute n the thread but it's a scratched unwashed whore of a workhorse with sh*t offset on the wheels and its arse in the air

Embarrassing really

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

She'll be right, new shock and a wax then it's happy days.

Really interested to see how it all goes, see if I've wanted money on the rear end or not.

Fingers crossed you're right

Have a set of hubcentric wheel spacers I'm going to throw on the back to fix up the offset, at least when I get 20min without a 2yr old on my case

Was in your territory today btw, at the albion pk air show

Very much doubt you've wasted the coin though, mine will be lower and stiffer and (hopefully) more responsive than before, but it's still a donkey cart rear end