Blank Icc After Battery Change

alpha

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 6d

Hi Guys,

Yeah my 2008 FG XR6T now has a blank LCD too. The screen comes on for around 10 secs if I change radio stations or volume but then it goes blank again. I will try the fixes above.

If the screen is cactus, what are the options? Is there an aftermarket radio that fits in neatly? What make and model is recommended? Do the steering wheel controls still work with this new radio? Does it enable phone Bluetooth?

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

Dumb question but you sure you haven't got the setting for display to be off?

In options you can choose hide or off or something; then the screen goes blank but turns on for a few seconds whenever you press a button. But don't think it stays on for 10secs, more like 5.

If the screen is gone, prob easiest to buy a second hand unit?...usually between $500-$1000

• Donating Members

PTR NITRO FG,

Thanks mate. I will have a look at that. Dang 5 secs sounds about right. It means there's no time to muck around or scratch myself as I try to work out options. I'll check it out. Thanks heaps.

PAH (DASH FG ;- )

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

Menu

Settings

Display

Screen off

If theres a tick next to "screen off" that means it will time out and go blank after you press any button.

Its a long shot cause even if battery reset the audio settings, I would have thought the screen would be on from the factory?

• Donating Members

Thanks mate. I'll give it a try.

DANG $#%&^%$ technology!! That's what happens when Gen X Schoolies win jobs at Ford? The VY Commonwhore had two big knobs for the Heater Demister. No glasses needed to find them in the dark. And the FG has poopy little switches and fine print obviously designed by people with 20 year old eyes. Dang again :-(

Just had trouble with my Logitech TV remote too. I bought it to replace the Panasonic remote that died. So anyway, the Logitech Remote starts flashing keys: 3 flashes & pause. 3 flashes & pause. So I have to toss out another remote? OI checked on line. It's gone into SAFE MODE!! Why does a remote need a Safe Mode? The fix is to pull out the batteries, hold down Key 2 and pop the batteries back. Problem fixed. Why the hell it went into safe mode I will never know. Thank goodness for internet info.

Thanks again PTR Nitro FG