700Bhp Monster Ford Xr6 Turbo

Rydeit

• Member For: 11y 8m 18d

Old video. Probably watched it a handful of times back in the day. Just came across it again then and realized how tuff this thing sounds. If you had to take a guess what exhaust would you say it has on it? Obviously with that power it has to have a 4" or something similar, but it sounds heaps different to other barras ive owned/heard.

• Member For: 10y 3m 22d

One of my favorite xr6 videos hehe. that's a real FG sound, have been trying to work out where the difference in sound from; Is it the asymmetrical swirl combustion chamber or port design, is the exhaust manifold, is it the difference in cam profiles, or is it all of the above working together? Whatever it is FGs have a real euro sound and sometimes reminds me of a 1j, compared to the boosted AU SOHC sound that BA & Fs have. Heres a couple of other "FG sound" vidoes:

One of the "typical 1j sound"

Typically long straight tail pipes give a raspy sound to turbo cars and tried to replicate with my car but it just has a real distinctive falcon sound. Was hoping it was going to sound like this which just has a straight pipe:

What is cool is I have an FG F6 engine ready to replace the BA XR6T engine in my car. As an experiment in sound I was going to just swap the engine then swap the exhaust manifold. If its not that IMO its just the cams, which could be easily tested.

Cammed barra engines sound similar but still not the same smooth sound.

Edited by luke187
  • Like 1

• Member For: 11y 8m 18d

Nice vids I will watch them after work! Yeh I have an fg with a 4inch stainless dump into a 4 inch cat and 4 inch all the way. All x force, all stainless steel. Has 2 mufflers still in but it sounds nothing like the one in the video I posted. Sounds tuff but not as raw as that video