Fg Xr6T Cam Upgrade?

TRjames

• Member For: 9y 7m 20d

Hello all,

Just wondering are people putting upgraded cams in the xr6t? Is it a mod worth doing and how do these motors react to this upgrade? Cheers in advance.

Tom.

• Member For: 12y 2m 15d

If they're not damaged (seems to be a common problem lately) I don't see the need until you are making BIG Power. Ie: over 500rwkw. The stock cams do their job fine for anything under that. Someone more educated please correct me if I'm wrong. But one aftermarket name comes to mind and that's atomic.

I'd say NO, not really a worthwhile mod

• Member For: 12y 4m 10d

Maybe go thru the build threads and just see where these engines make their top end power and over what rev range. Have a think what a good cooler and exhaust along with pipe kits and fuel mods ( injectors etc) along with good valve springs and --- say 1.2 bar of boost --- shows in terms of delivered power at 5800 - 6000 rpm. You will get your answers...........

Edited by BRK

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 18d

No need for cams unless crazy 500kw+ territory even then some guys use the stock cams.

Better streetability.

Through more boost in and keep it driveable

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

The sound alone is worth it. My mate just put tbre stage 2's in. Cost about $900 and labour was included in valve spring install and it sounds incredible at idle for a straight 6. Should make a little top end around the 400rwkw but you will lose some streetability with idle etc

• Member For: 9y 7m 20d

Cheers for all the replies, I mainly asked the question out of curiosity, I mainly hear of people camming 8's but that's only because I'm a novice. Cheers for all the responses though.

Cheers Tom.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 18d

I know Joes done a couple but from chatting to him about it he seems to prefer more boost. Could be different now though

And btw people cam everything

Most people who do up my model of celica throw 264 cams in with great results

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 4d

More boost doesn't always give the desired affect. Especially in warmer weather...

Besides..nowdays.. most tunes are set at psi levels to take advantage of mods performed. Who would tune to anything less..