T56 Rollover Noise Finally Fixed

FPVF6355

• Member For: 10y 3m 21d

A few american forums I've read recommended to use redline d4, costs $90 for 4l which sounds a lot better than a couple hundred. Rollover noise is ridiculous my car with the light clutch and solid plates - have started to get used to it but if I can get rid of it I will.

• Member For: 16y 11m 3d

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products.php?id_categ=4&id_products=374

Description

Pro Gear 70W-75 is a premium full synthetic, high performance oil manufactured from a blend of synthetic base oils including ester. It uses the latest technology, purpose designed additives for long service life and meets the performance requirements of API GL-4 Plus as well as many other manufacturer specifications.

Pro Gear 70W-75 is primarily designed for 5 & 6 speed manual gearboxes and transaxles in passenger cars, 4WDs & light commercial vehicles such as -

• BMW, Ford Falcon XR/FPV BA/BF/FG (T-56)
  • Expensive Daewoo VY/VZ/VE 6 Speed (T-56), Jaguar S 2.7L D
  • Land Rover Discovery 3/Freelander 2
  • VW 6 speed gearboxes (non-DSG)
  • ZF gearboxes S5-31, S5-39, S6-37 and S6-53

Pro Gear 70W-75 is ideal in manual gearboxes and transfer cases that require automatic transmission fluids, or in vehicles that are suffering from shift quality problems with higher viscosity fluids.

• Member For: 12y 3m 15d

The rollover rattle in the t56 ... Have played around with idle speeds in the tune but no luck. Went up/down in the 600 to 900 as a range and got a fair compromise a while back but it is not great. With the aircon on and a MW3+ clutch, the rattle is there. and.... it was there witht stock clutch as well.

Just went to one place to get some Penrite Pro Gear 70W-75... $ 70.00 for 2.5 litres :fuck:

Went to Repco... $ 46.00 for 2.5 Litres.... Minus 20% http://www.repco.com.au/CA2571B70016E7AE/OrigDoc/~B865C63C95E002BDCA25770E0021AE33?OpenDocument

5 Litres, $ 73.60

Sales Person ordered 2x 2.5 Litres for me....Will pick it up tomorrow after 8 AM.

Edited by f-wolf
  • Like 1

keen to hear your results.

Just done it... Managed to get 5 Litres in to the Gearbox by jacking the left side up so the Car is at an angle ( 2 Stands used) !!

Took it for a run... Happy with Gear-Change and Roll-Over noise.

The Oil ( Penrite 70W-75 ) looks like Olive Oil.

Only Tool needed is a 3/8" T-Bar, or Heavy Duty 3/8" Ratchet to undo Drain/ Filler Plug.

Good result!

Did you fill it via the reverse switch?

NO ! ...jacking the left side up so the Car is at an angle ! Both left Wheels ( N/S) off the ground ( 2 Stands used) By having the Car at an angle you can use the filler plug on the left side (N/S) to fill the Gearbox.

No need to remove the Reverse Switch !!

Edited by f-wolf
  • Like 1