T56 Rollover Noise Finally Fixed

FPVF6355

• Member For: 13y 3m

Before anyone says tremec makes the gearbox they should know.

It's bs. I tried the g70 additive with dex111. Did nothing maybe worse. But definitely no improvement. Tried the penrite 70w 75 as recommended on their site. Fn expensive. $140 for 5 ltrs. But it fn works. Roll over completely gone. Sincros work quicker.

I rebuilt the box about 2 months ago. New bearings and seals. Typical usa design. Big ass gears. Looooooose tolerance gear mess. The rollover was the same rven when completely rebuilt. Finally it doesn't soung like a truck idling when the aircon is on.

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 8d

Hmmmmm interesting.

I have a t56 and some days with the ac on it sounds like a truck lol

I just serviced it with the oil it suggested, dex lll

It says to stay away from synthetic oils?!?!?! I have a smal grind from 2-3 and it's noisy at idle a little..... Think oil would help it?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Actually that is a point...my rollover in my XR6T was pretty non existent when I had Mainlube in it, but then old mate Slacko went and changed it out for some redline oil and it was noisy as fark! Don't think I ever ground second with the Mainlube in the box either actually, come to think of it...

Edited by .Stripes.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

http://www.castrol.com/en_au/australia/products/truck-and-bus/automatic-transmission-fluids/transmax-z.html

http://www.castrol.com/en_au/australia/products/cars/automatic-transmission-fluids/transmax-multivehicle.html

They are definitely different. The Multivehicle is just a Dexron3 specification oil.

If you want to find where Transmax Z is stocked, you can call 1300 557 998 and ask them where the nearest distributor is.

Edited by k31th