Mild Squeal At Crawl Speed

broke

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 3d

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw this question out to anyone that might have a bit more knowledge than myself (not hard.)

My car for a while now makes a strange intermediate squeal noise at crawl speed, and by crawl speed I mean in D with no brake right as I take off mostly happening in the morning. I can't pinpoint it's location but I'm thinking it's coming from the rear which makes me think maybe the handbrake needs adjusting or rear pads need looking at. If anyone could shed some light on what they think it could be would be great.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 30d

Yeah it could be the handbrake,though I would also make sure all your wheel nuts are tight.If your wheel nuts are loose on the front it can cause a wobble on your front rotors, and noise...

Could also be those springy brackets that hold the rear pads in...as they just clear the rotor by millimeters...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

What about the lsd diff chatter? My BA had it (as did my IRS AU) and the squeal you mentioned was only when going extremely slow first thing in the morning otherwise if I'd ripped a skid or worked it hard it would have the sh sh sh noise...

Drive it about 20km/hr down your work street Michael with the windows down as built up area tend to echo the noise really well!

How's things anyway? Pretty sure I saw you cruising the strand on the long weekend!