Tuff Mounts Engine Mounts

1JZGTEstarion

• Member For: 11y 2m 13d

Hi,

Just a heads up incase anyones considering these mounts.

I have fitted a set of these engine mounts recently and the increase in engine vibration felt in the car is something else.

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the product they are a good strong mount with a bush that can be replaced rather cheaply and easily.

I expected an increase in NVH It doesn't concern me but some people might be getting more than they bargained for.

After fitting them Its no wonder these engines seam to disassemble themselves as you drive along.

Also do yourself a favour and fit them to the brackets that sit on the crossmember and have a look at them. You have to cut the stud that the red arrow is pointing towards shorter otherwise they stop the bolts that fix these brackets to the cross member from lining up.

post-56782-0-63343400-1412585966_thumb.j

• Member For: 11y 2m 13d

I noticed it's better at slightly lower or higher rpm. I will be getting another tune done soon so will get them to play with the idle speed a bit and try and find a happy medium.

It doesn't really worry me I have superpro performance option diff bushes, atmo external gate and a th400 so it's not exactly the smoothest, quietest ride.

It may be possible to try and match the vibration frequency of female personal massage devices that could be worth doing a bit of r&d into.

• Like 2