Traction Control Won't Turn Off

moot

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

I have just bought a 2010 xr6 turbo ex highway patrol. The car great but it seems the traction control won't turn off.

I have held in the dsc button for 3 seconds so the light comes on,on the dash,but it still limits power the same if the light is on or off.

Does this sound normal? Someone has suggested that police cars have been modified so you can't turn the traction control completely off.

This is really ruining my fun

With the traction OFF the light will come on. I gather your car is auto. Put the car in sport mode and from a stand still mash the throttle. The wheels should spin. If they continue to spin, the traction is off. If the car appears to shudder then traction is most likely on.

Have you felt traction control cutting in on a falcon before. Do you even know what it feels like.

Describe your symptoms.

• Like 2

• Member For: 9y 6m 14d

Mine has the opposite problem with tcl on, give it a bit over 1/2 throttle in 3rd or 4th and it happily snakes away with the tcl light flashing, only cuts power very slightly if at all. Great fun unless my wife drives it and isn't expecting major step outs when overtaking.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Ex cop BFII here. Never had any issues even stock. They must have cracked down on hoon coppers in the FGs :P

If you did manage to do one in a stocker it might look like this picture I found on the Narrogin Revheads website. Crazy country folk!

BFburnoutRevheads.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 years later...