X Force Exhaust 3.5" Or Duel 2.5"

Bizkets is Drunk?

• Member For: 15y 7m 12d

after having a good look at the single on mine I like it

Agree,

Paint it flat black including mufler then it will look real tuff.

Edited by TITO

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 4m 9d

Ummmm... I dont know whos tuning engines and getting bad results on a single system vs twin on ANY turbo engine be it a rotor or piston engine. I worked at a reputable exhaust shop for a short time and the only reason guys went a smaller twin system was due to ground clearance. Turbines create so much back pressure and the quicker it escapes the turbo the better. 4 inch dump into a decent cat or no cat if you like then stepping down to a 3.5 due to getting over the diff in certain model cars is all anyone needs up to a 1000rwkw. Try keep the material the same all the way from dump back makes a small deference because titanium to s/s to mild or any combination causes a heating/cooling effect which will cause gasses to slow down and back up against each other (waves). Guys were even removing their mandrel bent (up over the diff) systems for an almost dead straight through and pulling substantially better times. Titanium is the lightest but very expensive, stainless looks pretty its come down a lot in price it doesnt rust but tends to crack over time but all the big HP owners ordered mainly mild steel. Mild steel was fitted on $50,000 engines so I dont think it was a cost issue plus it doesnt crack. And of course all materials sound slightly different to each other. This only applies to turbo charged engines. With N/A blown NOS and 2 strokes its a very complex calculation and Im yet to ever read an article that makes sense to me. My car goes in Monday for a 4inch dump made of stainless. I wanted mild but Im getting it practically for nothing as Im leaving the car there for a few days so they can design an off the shelf system for the next customer. Will upload pics soon. Hope this info helps anyone that has questions on Twin Vs Single Vs 2.5 3 3.5 4" systems.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 21d

So the other day I was priced up for a 3.5" cat back Xforce system for around $1550 fitted.

Looking at Best Mufflers I could pick up the system for around 1k + freight.

How hard is it to fit at home yourself?
Do you have to weld on the tips? & does it come with any gaskets or anything you'd need to fit?

Anyone got one of these and can u advise if there's drone on a single?

Is mild steel a bad thing (other than looks) or perfectly fine, would you get a different note and does it really not last long? (exhaust shop was telling me it'd cost me like $200 difference between s/s and mild, but I can see on the best mufflers site you can obviously save several hundred).

Edited by m1rkz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

No drone with the single 3.5in system. You have a ute so it may be even quieter? I got my split dump single 3.5in S/S system for $1450 fitted back in 2008 to my BA turbo sedan. The only problem I remember was the rear muffler was hitting the towbar after it was hot as it would expand 2inches in length so I just notched the box tubing out a bit to have clearance for the exhaust... As for mild vs S/S they do sound different but still sound great either way, my mates got a bitsa on his FG sedan thanks to dodgy cnt Chris (Rapid systems), he has the front half including dump pipe in mild steel and the rear part from over the diff back S/S and still sounds good!

• Member For: 11y 5m 14d

I was looking at the x-force 3.5 stainless system on bestmufflers the other day. All the systems said some modification may be required for perfect fitment.

what is thathis modification that they say is required? Last time I saw one fitted was to a ba xr6t and the dump was scrapping on the steering linkage going down to the rack, not sure if it was a one off thing though