First Mods And Turbo Timer

mars80

• Member For: 9y 2m 8d

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a water cooled turbo should still have water flowing through the core after the car is shut off due to convection. The convection will stop when the core temp drops back to something similar to the block. You should not get any coking on the bearing surfaces with a water cooled turbo even if you thrash it right to the pit garage.

Having said that I tend to take it easy for the last bit of the trip.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 19d
On 01/10/2014 at 8:47 AM, Peppy_t92 said:

Great rant there Fiftyone, just to add... These cars can't be locked while the turbo timer is on, so yep sort of defeats the purpose as you may as well just sit in it for a minute or so with it running before you get out and have to stand there waiting for it to turn off so you can immobilise it... I initially installed one without this knowledge, and being known to give it a hard time all the way home, it's piece of mind to have it idling, the thermo fans are on, water pump is cycling the water through the engine/turbo, oil pump is cycling the oil through the engine/turbo and all the temps are equalising for a couple of minutes whether it helps or not, comparing to a F1 is irrelevant IMO... You do warm your car up before driving don't you?

07 is a great model mate, as stated above, pick a power figure, budget and go from there, welcome =)

Hi. BA/BF and FG can all be locked when using a turbo timer no matter how it is wired in, you just use the key in that little slot in the door handle. Or if you wire it up the right way (or is that my way) you can use the remote during the time that the timer is operating. Cheers MD

• 5 years later...