Legal Advice Needed For Re-Birthed Fpv Typhoon !

Vallidium

• Member For: 10y 6m 25d

Haha totally forgot about this thread, so basically the end result to all of this was that the police held the car until October of 2014 and it was then released to the insurance company and I was basically told bad luck and any money I had spent on the car was null and void. The only option I would have is to sue the person who re-birthed it.

I managed to get a hold of the insurance company that the car was going to get auctioned off with and we eventually negotiated a buy back price of another 12k. That would get the car back with a clear title. They had me by the nuts. I either cut my losses and throw away over 20k or spend another 12k and I have a car that at the time was worth close to 30k anyway. So I bought it...for the second time lol.

Anyway in the end I got the car back and it's all good now. Im not to worried that I spent a bit more than I wanted to on it because I love the car and don't plan on ever selling it. Ended up going to court and the guy who did it got away with it Scott free because the police royally f*cked the case up. As I said a lot earlier, if it's to good to be true it is. And if you smell bullsh*t...run.

• Like 4

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Bittersweet having the option to buy it again for another 12k. If you're happy that's all that really matters though. Onwards and upwards!

Adam - seems suss dude!! I guess you could point out the things you've noticed and see if he can fess up in a believable way...even if he does make sure you sit on it for a day or two to think it over and see if there are any other holes in his story.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

Surely if you had receipts of the work done to the car you could make a claim through the magistrates court to recoup the costs from the government (if the perpetrator could not be held responsible) as you paid for the work fair and square. They can't just take the parts/pieces that you legally own and take them off you, just because you've got a dodgy vehicle. The car as a whole of course is another kettle of fish.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Gary - seems suss dude!! I guess you could point out the things you've noticed and see if he can fess up in a believable way...even if he does make sure you sit on it for a day or two to think it over and see if there are any other holes in his story.

Fixed...knew there was something wrong, you people all look the same.

Also I was wondering the above. If you paid to have forged pistons installed, could you make them give them back? Might need to supply the original pistons though seeing as they were also stolen.

Edited by -Stever-