Fg Handling Improvement

stew565

• Member For: 10y 8m 9d

The ute is standard height , and I,m running bridgstone RE002 on 19" rims The tyres were a big improvement over the originals.

The springs are the originals not sure on the bilsteins but it is a firm ride. I'm thinking of getting rid of the urethane bushes and changing to an adjustable shock Koni gas . The front swaybar is adjustable so I can put on a softer setting.

• Member For: 10y 7m 7d

If its adjustable, it's something you can play with. Stiffer rear and soft front might make the turn in a bit quicker. That said, the stiffer rear bar on the leaf rear end could cause it to be unstable as well. I would soften the front. If its still crap, go to a stock rear bar.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Keep the parts you have, put the bar on the softest setting.

Koni only make Hydraulic shocks for the FG Falcon - no gas options.

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 8y 9m 14d

Not sure if this will help you. But my 2013 FG MK2 XR6t Ute handled like sh*t. It just would not corner under acceleration and back end would start to drift. Now I'm not saying I hammer around surburban streets, but when I get the chance. Hell Yeah. Anyway, I'd had enough so I removed the spare wheel. You know that heavy arse steel rim with the sh*t tyre on it that sits at the rear underneath. Took it for a good drive along same streets where it would'nt hang on and the difference was immediate. So I took out all that heavy spare wheel carrier and bought my self a mag wheel on Ebay to match my wheels for $100 in pretty good nick and got a new tyre fitted and now I have it in the back of the ute anchored with a tie down right up the front of the tub. (COG) Centre Of Gravity. This was a good cheap fix I also have kept all parts so easy to convert back should the need arise.

• Like 1