The Nutterism Thread

Buf-Phoon

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Lambo isn't necessarily a mouthpiece...she doesn't even know what she is saying herself half the time. But she is in it for the right reasons and I have a lot more respect for her after seeing the Aus Story episode on her.

Not sure what the magic answer is for these lunatics overseas but I know forcing democracy on them has never worked in the past and has weakened these countries to the point that IS can get the foothold it has.

Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya...all much more functional a decade or two ago. Give them a dictatorship and seal their borders as they clearly aren't ready for democratically elected governments.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

faaaark just wrote an essay and puter crashes.

So you now get the precise version.I cannot be farked doing it all again.

Head trimmers allegedly at it againhttp://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/islinked-terror-group-jund-alkhilafah-behead-french-hostage-herve-gourdel-who-was-kidnapped-in-algeria-on-sunday/story-fni0xs63-1227069708096

Also

The ABC is the only source of truth?

Tony Abbott's fault for everything including Gillard's generous arse?

Potential division turning this country into a "Redneck Wonderland" with Cronulla's erupting across the land?

It's sad that we will start looking at people differently ?

doesn't matter they will be having social intercourse with their phones ?

NB as per OP these are questions only not necessarily my views

• Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Same amount of nutters as any other time, just that some of the current crop make better headlines and our media/internet etc brings it home quicker, stronger and more sensationalised.

I don't (personally) feel in any greater danger than I did a decade ago, and have no increased worries as to the safety of my children. PLO and IRA were the monsters in the news back when I was at school - there'll always be some acronym group as the next one to worry about.

Political correctness needs to go away and die as far as I'm concerned - so what if someone gets offended by something someone says. Not being able to call a spade a spade is far more damaging than having to hold back whats said in fear you may upset someone. Same doubly so in regards to communities and groups - so what if some group is up in arms over some comment made by someone else - the only "real" effect of that comment was to give you something to be up in arms about.

Media needs to go back to journalism and reporting rather than click bait headlines where what someone ate on Big Brother is as valid a news article to them as real threat to lives because it gets them just as many views.

For the rest - I think the government/armed forces/police will pretty much do the best they can to deal with real issues as they come along.

Would be nice if we were allowed to ban nutters from politics, but we keep on voting them in. Every friggin election time there's a new one or two who theoretically shouldn't even know how to breathe without reminders or who really shouldn't be allowed to open their mouths.

That said - I'm far more likely to be stabbed by some low life tweaking on ice than beheaded by one of the mentioned nutters because some idiot in another country posted a message on facebook.

Well some interesting views.

I don't consider religious people nutters because they are religious.. I can sort of proclaim that I am semi-christian.. (Ie: I got fairly disillusioned with the whole church thing and largely realised that church is big business so I'm teetering between my christian upbringing and largely agnostic views on things).

My view on the government is that sure there is probably a bunch of stuff we aren't getting told.. The sh*t going on overseas scares the crapola out of me.. One could almost refer to the commitment of troops as a necessary overreaction..

This problem over there is neither going to sort itself out or go away.. Some government persona on the radio the other day put it excellently.. "There is a line drawn between 'freedom of speech' and encouraging violence". I'm still not a huge fan of getting involved overseas but I don't believe these minor governments in those little countries are able to deal with this sort of thing.

Jackie Lambie -> Needs to be put down faster than a playboy mag when your mum opens the bedroom door..

Raids in australia? -> We need to define terrorists better.. I can't comment on these raids as I don't know where this information is coming from.. If the information is being fed out of people that should know (ASIO) then maybe they are justified.. If it's local police acting on government direction then it's a different kettle of fish... I think they are a bad idea being this public because eventually someones gonna play the race/religion card and inspire more nutters to the cause..

However in the scheme of things.. IS ISIL making us look away from russia and china?

this^^^^^

I dont have the patience to comment everything I feel about the situation(s) and politics atm.

Media is full of shart as everyone knows, they spready their messages through social media and on TV and we all follow like sheep. Terror raids happening a day after Tony Abbott needs to jusitfy sending our troops in?

I don't doubt that these people can be a real threat and it is a tad scary for an average Joe walking along the street who could be attacked, but I also know that the media attention and the attention of the world is probably the largest cause for these "extremist" terrorists to do what they are doing, despite the media telling us its their religion. that's just an excuse IMO these people want media hype and that's what theyre getting.

Ignorance is really bliss sometimes, switch off the media, we wouldnt know, no one would think any different and then their reaction is taken away.

As far as it goes most of the information through the media were told is either wrong or twisted or massaged in a way to make every mum and dad and facebook monkey sit and read and cast assumptions on a situation which is usually beyond their mental capacity in the first place.

• Like 2

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

Intervention in Syria and Iraq V Isil, where to then ? we sponsor another "rebel" group who become a ready made enemy in times of need

Terrorism V democratic rights of nutters Big brother is watching anyway however I have no faith in the abilities of our surveillance operations (where is that malaysian airlines jet?)

Jackie Lambie is a nutter worse still, she is ignorant and a moron

The incident in SE Melbourne yesterday. young impressionable kid trying to make a name for himself

Faith in the federal Govt to act in our best interests V over reach and votes zero faith, they create the xenophobia, hype and fear, alienating people will just make things worse

Raids in NSW and QLD a ruse? agree - raid 15 random houses in western sydney and you would have had a greater body of evidence - why were the media crews invited?

3 vehicles of citizens of Australia with "beards" at Lucas Heights I avoided the city during the g20 summit because of my looks . . . . . and don't want my car searched

What scope should Australian agencies be allowed? hard to say, however I do not agree with their ability to detain without charge for a fortnight

Media reach Less ACA more Media Watch

The greens Gaining power, not gaining relevance to anything to do with national security

I currently wear a beard, If pulled up would I become indignant ? I also wear a beard and dreadlocks - I accept that I will be profiled.

No. Nothing to find and nothing to see. Would I claim discrimination? I wouldn't due to not wanting to draw attention further

What do think is really happening ? we are kicking the hornets nest in parts of the world we should leave alone

Edited by sexual harrassment panda