360 Kw With A Gtx3576 Turbo

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 14d

You dont need a new outlet hose as the GTX3576R has the same 2inch size as the factory turbos.

On B-Series I was able to keep the factory GT3582R actuator bracket on the GTX3576R.

Drilling the tapping the GTX compressor housing isnt that hard. I was able to do it at home with the tools I already had. Although most people wont have taps in their toolbox. I have photos on how to do this if anyones interested.

I used a Turbosmart 12psi actuator. Best installed on the bench to get the correct rod length.

I went with a .82 rear housing which already had a larger then factory ford wastegate port and flapper but I increased and shaped it even better to control boost.

On a B-series the compressor housing will be turned slightly more clockwise then the standard turbo when looking at it from the front when using the factory turbo actuator bracket. My Aftermarket hotside piping had enough play in the pipes/joiners to make up this difference though without buying/modifying parts.

As usual, the water and oil lines all matched up perfectly.

I just bought a 4inch 45deg silicone bend for my intake ($18 from Ebay) to match my Plazmaman 4inch turboside intake.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 12d

That's rad. Would definitely be a fantastic turbo for a street car!

Edited by .Stripes.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 18d

^^ It sure would.

I'm lucky enough to be catching up with Jon (no 'h' jet..lol) in a few days and he has kindly offered me a drive of his car so I can see/feel first hand the dif between the standard gt turbo like on my g6 and the gtx.

Can't wait

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 6d

Grimie,

The car has a heavy duty clutch that was fitted some time ago - in an effort to reduce rollover noise. If my memory is correct, it's rated to 400kw. I hope that's rw kw's. What does Autotech use? Exedy clutches? They are going to know the type of clutch required to handle the power. I might have to replace the clutch again but there's no sign of slipping so far.

The car also runs Superpro poly bushes in the diff and the control blades. I started out with the Superpro Comfort bushes but have no upgraded to the heavier duty items. Pat at Wholesale Suspensions sells Superpro bushes and looks after forum members. Autotech uses the red ones - Nolathane perhaps?

I asked a Ford mechanic if anything can be done to make the factory rubber bushes last longer (mine chopped out at about 25k's and under warranty). He said "stay off boost". A mate has a non turbo Territory that chopped out the diff bushes somewhere around 60,000 km's. 60,000 km's is more that 25,000km's but it doesn't sound fantastic to me. He fitted poly bushes too - and noticed a slight increase in NVH.

Apart from that, the driveline is stock. Anybody - what problems might I encounter?

After each mod, I told myself it's enough and I won't have to do anything more. But this time!! Yeah this time I might just make sure I remain satisfied. It's difficult to use what I've got without a 100kmh zone. I stopped on a motorway to make a phone call. Accelerating back into the traffic, the power felt VERY STRONG.

PAH

Edited by PAH
  • Like 2

• Donating Members

Spiro's tune is a good one.

Around town economy on this tank of fuel has dropped into the 10's (10.9 L/100kms) using my rat-run to get to work at Ryde (Sydney). Admittedly, I worked late last night so drove home after the peak hour and the roads were quiet today - Saturday morning. In heavier traffic, fuel consumption increases into the 12's but I can live with that.

Some of the current crop of buzz boxes burn as little as 5 / L 100 and that's better than my ZRX1200. Keeping the XR6 for weekends and wearing out a buzz box sounds like an idea. So what buzz box do I buy? They reckon the Suzuki Alto is the cheapest of the crop. Or . . . . Build a Lotus 7 replica! www.prbaustralia.com.au Another nice weekend car! If fuel costs go through the roof, I'd look at liquid injected LPG.

PAH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Hi Guys,

I drove the car to Coffs and back for the long weekend. 8.4L/100kms. I can live with that - more than happy to be honest!. Thanks Spiro!

PAH

• Like 6