360 Kw With A Gtx3576 Turbo

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m

Hi Guys,

I just had a GTX 3576 turbo and a Process West fitted to my FG XR6 Turbo by Autotech at Granville. They removed the last of the factory exhaust and it now runs an X-Force system from the cat to the rear. I went for the GTX3576 rather than the GTX3582 as I want grunt lower in the rev range.

The car is making 360 kw on 98 RON and it feels VERY STRONG. The car is lovely to drive and it's using 12L/100 km's around town - sometimes a little bit better. Many thanks to Spiro at Autotech for all your help and advice.

PAH

• Like 9

• Donating Members

Hi Guys,

Yes Spiro mentioned that the pump he installed can be used with E85. I have ignored the E85 option because none of the servos out my way sell the stuff. Apart from that, with 360kw's I am already driving carefully!! How much tyre smoke do you guys need anyway? ;-)

Before this upgrade, I had identified that the poly bushes had degraded (axle tramp again) so Spiro fitted a new set for me. Many thanks to Pat at Wholesale Suspensions for his help too. Spiro picked up a weepy diff seal and looked after me on that issue too. The axle tramp has disappeared with the new Superpro heavy duty bushes. I had been running Superpro Comfort bushes.

I have a laminated Dyno Sheet from Spiro - I will ask him if he can email me a soft copy.

PAH

Edited by PAH

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Yes I'd be very interested to see it on e85

I've been considering this turbo as well. I miss the response of the standard turbo.

How would you compare the response of the gtx compared with the standard turbo?

• Donating Members

Hi Guys,

Spiro saw 360kw's on the dyno. And as I said to him, I doubt that I have been able to sample all of them in the burbs as I don't ant to be locked up! 1st gear is used with discretion and 2nd gear needs a 110kmh limit to stay on the safe side. I've given it a quick try up to motorway speed limits and it pulls very nicely. It comes on boost early like the factory turbo, pulling strongly in the mid range. Although the old factory turbo was OK in mid range, it ran out of pull above that. The GTX3576 pulls harder mid range and keeps on going. I can see that there's a need for high levels of concentration to avoid smoke screens, warp speeds and detection in these areas. The EFFORTLESS MID RANGE is what I like. Power drop off in the hotter summer months was an irritation with the old cooler. I will be keen to see how well the Process West cooler resists that problem. I wasn't thinking - I'd meant to paint it black before it was installed. If you're thinking of the Process West upgrade, ask Kevin if he can powder coat it for you before delivery ;-)

Not too sure how much is left in the turbo. Give Autotech a call. 9897 1378. I am interested in street drivability and I suspect that power figures too much more than the mid to upper 300's might be more suited to Eastern Creek.

PAH

Edited by PAH

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Thanks for that man

I'm already at 440rwkw on e85 with the billet wheeled f6 turbo but I've been considering dropping down a size as it's a daily.

Glad to hear your happy with it mate

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

GTX76 on e85 tops out at around 410rwkw with 27psi been done a few times now

Spiro got 430 out of the GTX76 on Nathans car Jet.

Even Spiro was impressed as he didn't think it would make that much.

Same Nath that went 10.8 with the stock GT76.