Tune For Racing ?

FPVF6355

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

Just go a big in tank like a walbro 460. That'll keep you happy until 400rwkw and keep your fuel cool

So with this I wouldn't need a surge tank ??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WALBRO-460-LPH-E85-FITTED-TO-FORD-FALCON-BA-BF-SEDAN-FUEL-PUMP-ASSEMBLY-DROP-GO-/171454532043?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27eb7c89cb&_uhb=1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

If your not planning on going over 400wkw on e85 then no.

But I'd always be cautious when it comes to ebay sellers. Also you'd need a regulator. Kpm do a full walbro 460 kit. Abit pricier than ebay but it's a far safer option if anything goes wrong

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

I just purchased the KPM Walbro 460 kit as I'm getting some parts together.

They assure me for my power level in the 300s it won't surge and will be fine on the circuit for not surging also.

As I plan to be doing a few circuit days this was a priority for me. I am all for a kit that comes with everything I need and is easy to install.

I just purchased the KPM Walbro 460 kit as I'm getting some parts together.

They assure me for my power level in the 300s it won't surge and will be fine on the circuit for not surging also.

As I plan to be doing a few circuit days this was a priority for me. I am all for a kit that comes with everything I need and is easy to install.

For me half the fun is making stuff work that may or may not be designed for it. (I design and make industrial robotic sytems)

Next year I'm planning a new bottom end, and complete refresh of the head.

So far I've rebuilt the T56, head and tweaked and modified alot of the standard sh*t bits on the ford, like window winders, crossover pipe mountings etc

This is the first turbo car I've ever had, it's a real love hate relationship. I recon If I can get this cooling / Air Fuel tuning issue sorted I'll be a happy man :)

I had a 240z with a 1UZFE (950kg) You could thrash it all day long up to 8500rpm. and it would never miss a beat. I got rid of it because I nearly lost it at 160mph into some big ass gum trees (front wheels lifted off, no steering for a split second)

With the ford I can park it at a shopping centre, take it on holidays, tow a boat or drive it on a race track, :)

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Dude!

You had a 1uz 240??

Is that the one on you tube?

The 1uz is my favorite engine of all time. They are the best sounding engine I've heard by far.

Got any pics?

Also you should be alright then with your knowledge.

Sounds like your on the right track

Dude!

You had a 1uz 240??

Is that the one on you tube?

The 1uz is my favorite engine of all time. They are the best sounding engine I've heard by far.

Got any pics?

Also you should be alright then with your knowledge.

Sounds like your on the right track

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/O391PAR7BLNB0R80/

the original car (shell) cost me $1000. It took 1000hrs to make it.

I remade sills, floor, A pillars, chassis rails.

All made on a rotissery.

The 1uz is a brilliant engine, I started it on the shed floor sitting on it's sump and reved it. it didn't move WTF That is a very balanced engine.

Without a cat (1971 ADR compliance in the 240z) and no emissions it put out 220kw on original toyota ECU. In a light weight steel frame and wrapped in thin glass body. It was super quick and fast. but very tractable.

I cut 200kg of weight from the 1050kg 240z and with thin fibreglass (had body made that way to order) (50kg total body weight)

I used a 300ZX turbo diff, supra 5 speed (tall first gear) and a custom made shift extention housing.

It had merc bits, nissan, toyota, ford, holden. triumph, and heaps of custom made parts, like tail lights chrome trim etc.

Unfortunatley the 1960's aero dynamics were like a plane wing it wanted to take off :)

I sold it because it was a death machine. And I have limited self control.

• Like 1

That's amazing mate

I'm not a fan of replicas but that is beautiful

I bet it sounded amazing

Yeah it had one straight through muffler quad tips 2 1/4 inch. And 4 hot dogs.

Sounded better than a real ferrari.

The higher the rpm the quicker it accelerated. Wicked. Took about 3000 miles to free it up to rev to 8500

Probably would only last 40000 ks but who cares. Whole engines are about $2000