Tune For Racing ?

FPVF6355

• Member For: 13y 3m 1d

Even with the sprays it sounds like you can't get rid of the heat build-up under the bonnet.

I've got a ba Typhoon but never had it on the track.

There are a few guys on here that do regular track days, it might be worth searching their threads for some answers.

How were the brakes holding up?

I've only got the Blue PBR calipers with EBC green stuff pads, works well, but was a bit paranoid at first. they cool off enough on the straight for the first big left hander. I did manage to melt 2 front tyres, the car handles alot better than I expected (stock anti roll bars etc) SSL king springs. (150mm ground clearance)

You need alot of balls to hold it flat until the 100mtr mark (about 240km hr) might work up to that :) But I'm sure the brakes would be fine.

• Member For: 12y 7m 2d

Had my first time on a track recently, car went really well until the temps came up.

For street use the car runs great.

after 3 laps on sandown, it was all down hill, temps were reading in the middle of the gauge, spitting big puffs of fuel vapour out the back, backifiring at WOT.

fault codes all fuel and air mixture related. Power dropping down by 30% until backing off the throttle. it was like driving a car with a sick carby on a 40 degree day sh*te !!

1 cool down lap and back in business for 2 laps then too hot again.

as the day went on it just got annoying and worse.

Hey man, was that on Sunday? I was the guy with the black XR6T... mine seemed to go ok but I did get an engine temp warning during the last session, right before I also got the 80km range warning.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 11d

Jesus 30 minutes on track and somewhere like sandown, you don't like your car much do u lol! Everyone I know only runs for about 15-20 minutes per session. With my stock fg it will limp at about 18 minutes in winter, I'm happy doing about 15 mins anyway.

I'm assuming u have good brake fluid too, you should change it every track day if your hitting 200.

E85 is good for the strip but putting the power down on a circuit is another thing. Someone on here with 275 wide slicks on the rears will only run his e70 tune because he just bursts into wheel spin with straight e85.

Definitely can be worth getting your tune setup for mid range and low boost, knowing the circuit you go to could play into how you tune for it as well, how much of a top end do u really need etc.