Bosch Id1000 Injectors

• Member For: 11y 7m

Hi all,

Just have a question on the id1000 injectors. Does anybody know what or why these numbers have been engraved onto the injector for? Injectors are getting sent out by the tuner for testing.

post-53308-0-65229800-1409381747_thumb.j

Removed the fuel rail to replace with a BF rail (stainless) while in the process. I was shocked to find the fuel pressure regulator housing almost blocked with rust flakes. I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator while swapping the rails over. Just one to keep an eye out for on BA models.

post-53308-0-52109900-1409381743_thumb.j

post-53308-0-61982800-1409381745_thumb.j

thanks

Happy to be corrected but I do not think they are ID's

Not sure but definitely bosch

post-53308-0-17182900-1409389596_thumb.j

http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/media/catalog_resources/Injection_Valve_EV_14_Datasheet_51_en_2775993867pdf.pdf

Also a link which looks like the set I have. Funny thing is all the injector part numbers have the last three numbers covered. Each injector has a different number engraved in it??

• Member For: 17y 10m 23d

all ev14 injectors are bosch injectors, many companies etch out the part number so we cant see what injector they are based on, the early ID's have a serial number etched or engraved on them but off hand they are a 4 or 5 digit number and can sometimes bee nowhere near the same number but they are engraved horizontally not vertically like these

sweet that clears that up I thought it was a flow characteristic for each injector like a correction factor for diesel injectors.

What do you mean by many companies and why would they not want the consumer to know what they are based on?

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

If you want some good information, go to injectordynamics.com and have a browse around there.

I had a good look around there before I ordered my 2000's from Herrod and the Library contains some really interesting stuff, even though a lot of (well, pretty much all) of the tech stuff was wayyy over my head, it was still well worth a visit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

Has anyone had an issue with an intermittent skippy idle? Kinda like aftermarket cams are fitted. Comes and goes - mainly from cold. I've also got a slight surge coming on boost at like 20-30% throttle input which seems to have improved running injector cleaner. They were brand new but starting to think I've got either a dirty or dud one.

• Like 1