50Th Anniversary Usb/aux Input

browned

• Member For: 9y 8m 10d

Hi All,

I have just purchased a 2010 G6E T 50th Anniversary in silhouette black. I have taken a risk in that a relative drove it for me and I have only seen photos of it. When the car was advertised is said there was USB/Aux input. I can't find any information on what these inputs are for. Can someone enlighten me.

Is it for charging phones, attaching USB keys for music, or just part of the apple I device system.

I will be picking it up tomorrow morning with a 6-7 hour drive to follow I would like to know what I need to have ready so I can enjoy my own music.

Thanks

Dean

• Like 1

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

The USB port can be used for music and I know it also charged you phone. When I say phone I know it works charging Iphone but it does not charge samsung

Aux is for playing mp3 (ipods) you will need a 3.5mm jack

To use these on the dash there is a button that reads MEDIA press that and it will put you through to which setting youre after, USB or AUX and BLUETOOTH

Enjoy the drive mate enjoy the new car and welcome to the sleeper club. Remember to post up some pics we like pics.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

If it's an Mk1 FG and is anything like the one I had in my 2010 XR50T (and from photos of 2010 G6E Turbos I've just looked at, it seems to be) then it'll have an ipod cable in the centre console and an aux 3.5mm jack near next to the power socket. The Mk2 FG's have a generic USB input in the centre console, but I'm fairly certain all Mk1's are ipod cable and 3.5mm jack, unless the G6E Turbo's are different? If it is the same as all other Mk1 FG's then if you've got an ipod/iphone you can use the ipod cable (as long as it's not an iphone 5) and control the music from it through the ICC. Otherwise you'll have to use the 3.5mm input if you have an android or windows phone/audio player.

Also, be sure to post up in the new members thread introducing yourself and share some photos once you pick her up bud...we all like photos :)

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 1

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 22d

Mine always jiggles out and ends up only playing through 1 speaker.. have to re-jiggle it back to 2 speakers every so often :@

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 3m 1d

Yeah, 2010 has the iPhone connector in the centre console, and a nifty little leather pocket to hold it. Being a 2010, it the older Apple connector, so iPhone 5 and up will need the adapter - which works, I use one in mine.

And as already mentioned, There is a 3.5mm "headphone jack" AUX input next to the ciggy lighter/power source.

The button on the ICC is CD/AUX in a 2010 FG.

Can also select inputs from the steering wheel as well.

• Member For: 9y 8m 14d

Hi all,

Have been doing heaps of homework on G6E Turbos as I ill be buying one in the next fortnight. This will b my 1st Ford but I cant find a reason not to buy one of these things, they seem to be a really good car. Am looking at a 50th anniversary model with 80k on the clock and ould appreciate any pointers in hat to look for before buying. Cheers

Thanks for the help guys. MP3 CD did the job nicely.

Got the car and am super impressed so far. A slight brake issue that the previous owners have tried to suggest is normal, but I am thinking someone has warped a rotor or there is a damaged wheel bearing warping the rotors. Will get it looked at shortly.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Good stuff mate. Post up some photos either in the new members thread or start your own build thread. Enjoy!

Will post some photos once a friend has been over it with his cleaner, airbrush for the stone chips, and Duraseal gloss. Should be looking great after that.

• Like 1