Post Some Heaps You've Towed

FiftyOne

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

Well, I got an emergency call out to drag a P platers car back over the ranges from Gisborne the other day. Story is its got 230k on it but ran "ok", was owned by the eldest son of my business partner til recently when it was sold for nix to the younger son. Apparently probably never saw much love from filters, oils, etc etc. The new owner who's had a licence less than a week has been repeatedly told to take it for a general check up from his dad, but ignored the sage advice.

Just cause you've got a licence, doesn't make you a responsible road user. His mates had him thrashing about in a paddock for a bit within that week. Still no mechanic. Got the call that it had broken down so grabbed a trailer and headed out with some basic tools and my xcal to see if I could pull a code (f*cked if I was going to drag it if I could drive it to a mech & leave it. A friend of ours was there already travelling that way so he had a bit of time to stop and attempt to assist. Getting to the scene, first thing I grabbed was the xcal & set out popping the bonnet. Our friend said "oh you've got a diag reader? cool. It's spark plugs are covered green" I dropped the bonnet and said "right, on the trailer"

Turns out the rad is bone dry. The level sensor (if it has one?) didn't trigger and the temp gauge fluctuated, indicating that it wasn't/couldn't see the water temp. He'd had a mates dad "look at it" and advised it was a faulty gauge. So basically the car was driven from Bendigo to Gisborne over the ranges at +110, no coolant. The engine is pretty much a brick, so the below image is the return journey it made on the back of the ute, The fastest it'll be travelling in a long time. Dragged like a dream, just cruised back 90-100 the whole way. endrant/

post-68772-0-03609200-1408617837_thumb.j

Edited by Dagabond
  • Like 3

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

Did it hurt your foot when you "toed" it? How about towed??

Sorry, just in one of those moods.

MMMMOOOOOODDDDDSSS, tell him to knot b so meen. Actually, can we get that fixed? :))

• Like 1