High Pressure Power Steering Line!

LOWXR8

• Member For: 16y 7m 14d

if it leaking from the sensor you can just replace the sensor with one from a V8 model.

Edit: just seem you name so I assume you already have a v8

Edited by beast2h

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 11m 18d

Probably old news ,

I just repaired my high pressure power steer line. It was leaking at the pump.

You can buy a new nut from Ford, then I drained the pump reservoir and disconnected the hose at the pump. I covered the complete engine bay and using my angle grinder with a 2mm thick cut off wheel gently ground into the nut. By grinding along the length of the nut in two cuts (opposite each other) the nut was weakened to enable me to use a screwdriver to split it in two halves. Once the nut is off a gold spring clip was still on the hose, it was removed (this is inside your new nut). Screw the new nut into the pump, put a little lube on the high pressure pipe and push it into the nut until it clicks into place. Done, refill the reservoir. The main thing to be aware of is not to grind the nut too deep, as if you nick the pipe within the nut it will not seal against the new O ring. You will then need a complete line. Took about an hour, now the bay looks like new again.

• Like 3

• Member For: 15y 9m 2d

Probably old news ,

I just repaired my high pressure power steer line. It was leaking at the pump.

You can buy a new nut from Ford, then I drained the pump reservoir and disconnected the hose at the pump. I covered the complete engine bay and using my angle grinder with a 2mm thick cut off wheel gently ground into the nut. By grinding along the length of the nut in two cuts (opposite each other) the nut was weakened to enable me to use a screwdriver to split it in two halves. Once the nut is off a gold spring clip was still on the hose, it was removed (this is inside your new nut). Screw the new nut into the pump, put a little lube on the high pressure pipe and push it into the nut until it clicks into place. Done, refill the reservoir. The main thing to be aware of is not to grind the nut too deep, as if you nick the pipe within the nut it will not seal against the new O ring. You will then need a complete line. Took about an hour, now the bay looks like new again.

Got a part number for the replacement nut?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

No, it's the nut assembly. That ebay listing is incorrect.

Adelaide parts have two parts listed with the same PN

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-AU-BA-BF-FALCON-SX-SY-TERRITORY-POWER-STEERING-HOSE-FITTING-NUT-/301233894950

Also rather than using a grinder to cut the nut it prefer to use a nut splitter. Less chance of nicking the seal surface on the pipe and not grinding contaminants in the hydraulic system.

yx4PD7O.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 15y 9m 2d
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-AU-BA-BF-FALCON-SX-SY-TERRITORY-POWER-STEERING-HOSE-FITTING-NUT-/301233894950

Also rather than using a grinder to cut the nut it prefer to use a nut splitter. Less chance of nicking the seal surface on the pipe and not grinding contaminants in the hydraulic system.

Item: Power Steering Hose Connector Nut

Part Number: BA3F656B

Does this mean that if/when a power steering hose leaks at the top, I can replace just the top nut on its own instead of the entire power steering hose?

To cut the old nut off, do you reckon go straight with the nut splitter or cut a groove with a Dremel first (ie much smaller and more accurate cutting disc than a grinder)?

BF_Falcon_Rear_Axle_Bearings_98_23_2_201

BF_Falcon_Rear_Axle_Bearings_109_23_2_20