So Who Has One?

CJF077

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Ive heard that once the car has been painted and put together it goes across the road to FPV to get the turbo put in.. that's where the delay is currently.

I would have thought it would have been more efficient to have a production line that sent the engines to FPV to get the turbo put on rather than the entire car?

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 9d

The car is easier to move than the motor 'cause its complete and on wheels, then FPV fit the turbo, ducts, pipes etc. and viola! :D it's ready to ship. The otherway means moving the motor twice.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d
The car is easier to move than the motor 'cause its complete and on wheels, then FPV fit the turbo, ducts, pipes etc. and viola! :D  it's ready to ship.  The otherway means moving the motor twice.

Actually I heard yesterday from a person at FOMOCO that the car is built complete with engine, turbo etc, then shipped across to FPV for testing and adjusting. I dont believe the turbo is added onto the motor. Its a specially made engine designed for the turbo.

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 9d

Sorry! the danger of quoting someone from memory is you get it wrong. Heres the snippet from the email I got from FPV

the engine is fitted in the plant and then the pipes, ducts and airflow devices are fitted at FPV.

So I assume you are correct, the turbo is fitted in factory as part of the assembled motor.