Maximum Power Level For Stock Fg Turbo?

polarbear

• 4 years later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 24d

I can get a Garrett 3582 core and .70 comp housing to slot into the stock turbine housing for $1700nzd but there's no mounting hole or bracket on the .70 comp housing for the wastegate actuator. Does anyone know if it's possible to weld something on the housing to hold the actuator? I'm thinking if I could make it work it would be a relatively easy turbo upgrade. It would have a 6mm bigger compressor wheel and housing to suit. Anyone know how much more lag it will have? Opinions would be really appreciated

Sorry I have a 15 fgx turbo, I didn't mention that

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

The same bolts that hold the "front-housing" to the compressor-side backplate are the ones you can use to put the bracket around the outside that the actual actuator mounts to. You use the same bracket and actuator from your stock turbocharger.

The lag is only a couple of hundred rpm worse than the stock turbo, but requires you to be more "obvious" with your intentions to hit boost to get over the threshold.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

nah, just replaced the CHRA on enough GT3582R's and swapped a CHRA of a "baby FG turbo" into a GT3582R housing setup. It's not an overly complex thing to do, you just need the right tools (something to mount the housings so you can get the bolts out and appropriate spanners, essentially)