Just Fit Pw Fg Intercooler Today, Feel No Difference?

polarbear

• Member For: 9y 9m 27d

c376d140-9636-4c14-a5ef-e02e305668d6_zps

dyno chart showing the difference between 2 cars one had a stock FG cooler and the other was a car with a ProcessWest stage 1 cooler, both tuned and the temp difference is quite evident, even though the P/west equipped car is making more boost, there is nowhere near the temp increase

Mate I did the dyno run today. With stock cooler I make 320rkw at 13 psi. With Pw intercooler. I make same 320 rkw. No single kw increase. Temperature is about the same. Will the Pw cooler hold that power level bit longer?

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

I could not notice any bottom end loss and it was something I was wondering about before I fit my intercooler. I did the Pipes aswell as it was part of the intercooler kit.

Edited by Z2TT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 3m

from winter to summer you will probably lose 2-3 psi due to a 20 deg air temp swing, so your 330rwkw car will only have 300rwkw and feel laggy! on a cold night I make 18psi and the car revs out QUICK! but on a warm day ill have 15-16psi at best, and car the feels sluggish, not too much you can do about that...

in real world driving on the street, a cooler that is heavy and cant recover from heat soak will compound the problem in summer...

if there was no gain from the cooler change, maybe your inlet temps are under the ecu timing thresholds...